PDA

View Full Version : using rig controller as an "attribute container" for other objects?

pixelranger
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi.

First of all, when I say controllers/Ctrl objects etc I'm talking about standard Nurbs curves that act like rig controls.

I was wondering if there is any way of having other objects' attributes show up in the channel box when a master Ctrl object is selected.
I know I can just hook up any attributes through connections, expressions, set driven key etc but it would be good to just have access to another objects transform attributes directly through the channel box when the master Ctrl object.

Say, I have a sub set of Ctrl objects that controls another level of anim/deformations.
I would like to have access to them in the channel box (apparently animating them as attributes on the Master Controller) but still be able to unhide them and manipulate them directly.

Does anyone know how to do this?

vvkonline
04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
there is animation sets, that do that.

pixelranger
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
But animation sets? What do you mean by that?

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.