PDA

View Full Version : head uv mapping question

Delucubus
05-23-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'm curious how much people edit their maps after creating them. What i mean is when you make your cylindrical or spherical projection(or whatever) how much do you fix the uv map for stretching. When I create my maps, especially for head models, I find I am doing tons of moving of points to fix stretching problems. I'm hoping I'm not doing something initially wrong. I'm using lightwave btw.

-todd

leigh
05-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Nope you are doing nothing wrong. Very rarely is the initial unwrapped UV suitable for immediate painting. I have to do heavy editing on mine about 99% of the time.
*Especially* with faces - spherical and cylindrical unwraps cause terrible stretching and shrinking, which you HAVE to edit before using. There's no way around it.
So you are doing it right :thumbsup: Don't worry.

Delucubus
05-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Cool, thanks Leigh. A little reasurance helps. Guess its back to staring at a screen moving points around. Too bad there isn't a "create perfect uv map" plugin.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.