PDA

View Full Version : Nice names in EXR passes!?!

revilo3D
04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Ok so this has been bugging me for far to long!

How on earth do we get nice pass names in our .exr data from Maya..

"INDIRR_GroundIndir2751577795" is a joke. Am I missing something?

MasonDoran
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
use the render tokens (right mouse click) in the common settings of the render tab.

You have many options there.

revilo3D
04-19-2010, 07:36 AM
I use render tokens but the bit that was tripping me up was the buffer naming. I had found the way its meant to be modified in help...

OpenEXR is the only file format where multi-channel is being leveraged. When using the multi-render pass feature, you can concatenate multiple render passes into a single multi-channel .exr file. Upon selection of the OpenEXR format, the Frame Buffer Naming option becomes active. Select the Automatic option to name each pass using the <RenderPassType>:. tokens, or, choose Custom to select the render tokens of your choice. See Frame Buffer Naming for more information.

ANSWER
It will not activate until a renderpass is associated to a render layer!

Its the little things sometimes. I usually just started from the common tab and set some initial settings and always was presented with this grayed out! using openEXR didnt change anything. Cheers for the reply anyways.. made me persist a bit more!

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2010, 07:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.