PDA

View Full Version : Human Anatomy for Camera Projection

sarith
04-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Hey all --

So I'm looking to do some simple camera projection onto model of a human figure + head to do very small camera moves.

A very similar demonstration of this technique can be seen here: http://onesize.nl/projects/playgrounds-titles-2009

Unfortunately we don't have the time/budget to get too involved with modeling the human figure or head by traditional means from scratch. I'm thinking it might be possible to quickly mock-up the face/head using software like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsFj1-fvbkA
And perhaps use Poser (or something like it) for the rest of the body. None of these elements need to be rigged and/or animated.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some software packages and/or techniques to take a look at for something like this? ("Faceshop" in the YouTube link above looks pretty jank) As we'll only be using the 3D geometry for projecting the photography onto, and the camera moves themselves will be so slight, I'm hoping/thinking that the geometry itself can be quite simple/low-poly. Am I wrong about this?

Another note is that the final model(s) will be brought into Cinema 4D (our 3D package of choice) for the camera animation and rendering.

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

S

spiralof5
05-17-2010, 05:07 AM
What is the project for?

You say you don't have the budget to model and texture a human face. The problem is that with any of these projection type programs, you will probably spend more time and budget money trying to figure it out and get shoddy results than just hiring a competent freelance model and texturer. If they are good, they could probably pump out the face you want and texture it in a few days and get better results than what you would accomplish in a week or more trying to figure out overly complicated programs that won't produce nice results.

That's my 2 cents at least.

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2010, 05:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.