PDA

View Full Version : Component editor bugging out?

Xestion
04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

I have run into a weird problem regarding skinning. I have a few verticies that are misbehaving and I have always used the component editor to fix those things, nice and simple. But this time the influenced joints doesn't show up there.

If I select something else I have skinned it works so its not the setup I'm on, just something.. ehh, weird!

Anyone else had this problem before and has a solution?

Im on Maya 2009.

Darksuit
04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
without seeing the file there is only so much that anyone might be able to tell you. I can make some suggestions on where to look or on what might be causing the problem.

Typically when you don't see vertices show up in the component editor, it is usually due to having made a modification to the mesh after the skinning. Example you skin the mesh to the bones and then you merge a couple verts or split a vert somewhere on the mesh. Maya will not pick up those new vertices. The clean way to fix it is to export your weights, remove the weights, Delete the history to remove any lingering history and problems. Reapply the skinning and reload the weights from the save. The exported weights are saved out as a texture so reappling the weights should apply the weights correctly to those originally missed verts.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.