PDA

View Full Version : Scale Rig problem

LuisGama
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi there, i`m having a hard time dealing with scale of a flower rig.

I Divided the flower in 2 different files. Now i need to join them and scale everything to fit the main scene size. The rig is controlled both with control curves and hair dynamics, i can move and rotate with no problems but as soon as i try to scale, everything "blows". Dunno what to do really.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

mindsample
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
there is no simple "do this " answer - for it to work you need to eradicate any double transforms and be aware of dependencies between nodes - just work your way through the hierarchy and scale suspicious nodes such as curves individually and see what they drive, then regroup until it works.

Obviously the best way is to do this from the beginning, not after you have "finished" the rig ...

martinf430
04-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Im rigging something in a similar fashion atm. Make sure u have inherit transform off on ur splineik wel that got rid of my double transforms. Not got to the actual scaling part tho sorry..

LuisGama
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your inputs. Ive managed to scale one part and re-rig the other part since i wasn't able to do the same even tough i did the same thing. Anyway, i got it done, guess ill have to read a bit more next time.

:)

Darksuit
04-16-2010, 09:20 PM
The first thing I notice is that yes there may be a simple answer.

In the simple fact that you don't have a global control or a root controller for the rig. This would allow you to scale rotate and move everything as a whole. You will need to make sure that once you group things together under a global controller that you have inherit transforms off. But that should be it. I do the same thing on multiple rigs on a regular basis with hair and cloth simulations.

Looking at your heirarchy

Group all your Geometry under one group, then everything else under a separate group. This second group is your global controller. I typically keep my geo separated out in its own group.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2010, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.