PDA

View Full Version : Best on stage setup for Mocha tracking

iMario
04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I know that the tracker Mocha uses textures and not markers. Is then almost useless to put markers on a screen where we want to (re)place some images but it should have instead some texture on it.

I have some tracking experience, but since I'm going to work on the most important project of my actual career, does anyone has suggestions about what is the best texture to put on a screen to use Mocha for tracking its surface?

Thanks a lot dudes :buttrock:

Mario

Iaenic
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Please don't take my word as authority on this one, but I myself would go with something mostly white to minimise visible reflections. I always hate how reflections make tracking so much more complicated, and inevitably I end up tracking a dark screen that moves around and shows off every bright window, light, and spot in the room. :argh:

Ultimatly I look for three things.

1. A clear plane for mocha to look at, with good contrast.
2. No reflections.
3. The less movement behind the object i'm tracking, the better.

edit:
Just thought of something else. Especially in the case of tracking laptops, be aware of glossy keyboards. Whatever you use to track the screen, may have to be painted out of the keyboard/environment reflections. That can be harmfull to your hair follicles.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.