PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration

Genesisa
04-13-2010, 05:25 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/62414_1271179511/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/62414_1271179511/1024bound)
My English is not really good so im going to try explain this as better as I can.

First of all i want to tank to CGSociety for pushing my imagination further.
And syd mead for being a great artist inspiring me and all of us in this challenge.
To al the judges, cuz I know is hard to say wich work is better than other. When all people involved have put a lot of effort.

Description:

In this image I didnt want just to make a vehicle that looks like syd mead. Instead i though.. what does a syd mead,s image feels like. I took has reference the giant horses picture he did. and for me , looks really savage and powerful...

I wanted to create some giant vehicles. I used the most basic shape of vehicles.. that is the wheel.

did my first sketchs and asked a few friends that know about mechanics.. to see if it was possible or believable a vehicle like that, and they say yes..

im not really sure if already exist something like this... anyway. Took me about one week. I hope you guys like it. Later ill be posting a video maybe. Of the creation of this image.. I was really fun!

Gook luck to everyone!

Majora28
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow, I'd really like to be there and watch that race, nice work!!!

Genesisa
04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
one reply !! :) yay!! =p thanks man.
and by the way. i saw your portfolio. pro stuff. your landscapes are sick ;)

@lias
04-17-2010, 11:12 PM
great job dude :thumbsup:

HughBowen
04-17-2010, 11:15 PM
love it very much:beer:

Genesisa
04-18-2010, 03:23 PM
thanks for the comments! yes i enjoied a lot doing it! it was a little bit quick but i think i got the idea done. i didnt want to spend to much time. maybe next challenge :P

LightSovereign
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
for a quick piece it sure gets its point across, well done on this. Your illustration really does take you there to the sport.

great effort

Marley

freakmean16
04-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Buen trabajo bro...Nice job a lot of inspiration for us all man...

RyanWalsh
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
This one is going to take the Bacon for sure' Impressivly well constructed

DaJean
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I would like to answer on your question if this machine exist or not... :) It is called monowheel if you`ll google it you`ll find some links :). Also general Grivious has one in Star Wars III revenge of the Siths... But still it is really nice and qualite picture... :)

Genesisa
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
i found really cook pictures of it! whell min has two wheels.. and yes i though of the griveous one :P but that one has legs... thanks for answering. and for taking time on comments. i really apreciate that

cgdigi
04-21-2010, 05:41 AM
well done.. 5 thumbs up!!! ;)

dodgeOrBURN
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Fantastic Image! Not only does it show great imagination, composition, and anticipation, but I feel you have also captured the mood and spirit of Syd Mead's work. Congratulations and good luck!

Genesisa
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
thanks for the comments guys! i really apreciate.. do you really think i can win? Baron's image is really impresive.. i like it a lot! :bowdown:

RyanWalsh
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
I have A problem with the painting.. Although this is really really amazing work! Alot of it is also a cheat- Im sure syd wouldnt be pleased to pick up on some of the Photo-manipulations in the adience, as he is stricktly pen and paper type guy' For him to pick up on the photo pastes, it will further be hard for him to judge original work.

Genesisa
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
yes im a little concerned about that.. but i dont know.. i mean. it was like the only way to make it quick. and if you look at it that way. 3d guys will be cheating all the time :P
all the textures and skies and stuff are from pictures. and even photos of people. so i dont know.. thanks a lot for the critic anyway! :)

RyanWalsh
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Its true, I know that alot of masters today will not condemn photo-minipulations, copy and paste from photos as a means of demonstrating a means of creative productivity, and a finnish to a product. Im sorry to have to bust the bubble on this one. But it maybe for the better that you should paint it, and maybe work from reference. Some of this could be really polished off like the building to the lower right as well, it looks very sketchy atm. Those are the only two concerns I have about the painting that, detracts my eye when im Viewing it.

DaJean
04-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I think that you have good chance... My favourites are Big Red, A.W.C.U., Whale Ships and your work... Good Luck

Genesisa
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
that comment cheer me up a bit! i was kinda down =p i felt really bad i know using photos in ilustration is kind of cheating. but i was the only chance for me to get the idea right. im doing another work. ill be posting in few days!

RyanWalsh
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
No Problem Genesisa, Im better at critiquing than a artist myself.

Nelis
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I do not agree with RyanWalsh his comment that photo manipulation is wrong in an illustration. Matte painters use photo manipulations all the time nowadays and if it gives a nice image and it works why not?

i do agree that painting or working in 3d from scratch instead of using bad reference photo material is better.

I really like this image and concept although it gives a very strong vibe and reference to Syd Meads dog race image wich is in itself not a very bad achievement...... but i would want to see something in the same style but not the same feel if you get what i mean.

But nice work and thumbs up from me.

Greets

pablofarra
04-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Man we speak spanish... but i forgett the rules!!!
congratulations its really a good work... since i saw the thumbnail id say
this is one of my favourites!.. .good luck man!
Bravo! muy buen trabajo hno.! saludos desde Ecuador... suerte y exitos!

Staszek
05-01-2010, 04:41 AM
nice design! i like very much this dynamic shot !

GL

rliddell
06-01-2010, 03:53 AM
This one is my favorite, great job and completely new design. It looks like it was inspired by the Syd Mead painting with the huge robot dogs?

techguy
06-01-2010, 11:44 AM
love the rush of the race on this image. good luck

Knight1
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
This is a great image Genesisa. I think this is very in keeping with the Syd Mead style. My first comment was going to be I like what you did with the crowd and how you ceated that sense of speed with the motion blur. I didn't realise straight away it was a photo. However, I think you implemented it well which I think to make it work with the image is an achievement in it'self. I have no problems with it.

MrTheRich
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I so do love this vehicle!! :eek:

It's power, it's big, it's fast. it's just everything.
I really like the massive threads on the tires. it really completes everything. :thumbsup:

I do agree with RyanWalsh about the sketchy of the building on the right. but i don't about the crowd. photo manipulation is a form of computer graphics. and i don't think that its a problem for Syd, since it's just a crowd and has nothing to do with the design of the vehicle. It isn't even futuristic, since crowd will be the same :rolleyes:

about 3d art cheating. most times only use procedural textures, so i don't cheat on photo manipulated textures :cool:

anyway, I love these!!

~ EmjeR

Genesisa
06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
:buttrock: thanks a lot for your comments! yes i did this drawing kind of quick. . . its something i have when i get inspired. i totally forget about the tiny details :S i dont know why i rushed it! but anyway. how i said. i wanted to make something that feels like a syd meads work. i mean. when doeas an image is incompleted or not :P i wanted to leave it there hehe. . . i hope the best for all of you! and thanks again for the comments :bounce:

MrTheRich
06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
so you're not going to finish the picture??

Genesisa
06-03-2010, 01:50 AM
i thoug i coundt do anything else after i upload it! can i?

MrTheRich
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
you can.
just upload another one with the newer version.
the judges will always look to the best of you work, so the latest update.
maybe it's clever to add it to the description.

you're even allowed to make other vehicles and submit them.
the rules say: "multiple entries allowed"

neo420
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Of all the images i've seen, i LOVE THIS

crazy-pixel
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
amazing job, i love your design :thumbsup:

Genesisa
06-15-2010, 12:11 PM
im about to post an update! im glad you like this image. i really enjoied doing them! i hope i have a chance on this thing! ive seen really amazing entries!! =)

curaremac
06-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Nice to see a so good image from another venezuelan! excellent work!

cheers,

Carlos

MrTheRich
07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
well, actually the reason why you can't make a new thread is that the competition is already ended, 3 days to be excact. so i'm sorry for you man, but this one doesn't count.
nice design tough.

Genesisa
07-04-2010, 01:53 PM
is nice.. looks like a victorinox =P i like it, very cutting! haha the competition alreaddy ended :(

mohammadghezel
07-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi every body, I'm really really sorry to post my works in your threat, I'm not familiar with the forums and I tried to create a threat for my work but I couldn't.
Sorry again

MrTheRich
07-07-2010, 05:26 AM
well i don't know if it is a problem, it only makes no sense.
the competition is over.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2010, 05:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.