PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - controlling fluid Emission rate on a PP basis

Phlok
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi,

after taking a first look at Maya 2011 and playing with the new features, I ran into a first question.
Now that it ist possible to have particles act as emitters for fluids (without having to painfully code large expressions), I want these particles to emit based on their individual velocities.

The faster a particle moves, the more density it will emit...but I haven't found a way how I can individually control the emission rate on a per particle basis, yet.

Has anyone of you already got a quick idea or found a a parameter for doing so?

Phlok
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
ok...it works but it is not obvious.

When emitting from nParticles, one must select the nParticle node as well as the emitter in the outliner. Then in the nDynamics Menu (on the menu bar) one can do nParticles -> per Point Emission Rates.

This will add another Per Particle (Array) Attribute, Rate PP...

kdronez
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Now this is useful info thx man.

kdronez
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
When I put per point emission rate and make a ramp in Fluid Emitter PP, the fluid dont emit at the beggining T_T,it starts to emit after the 1st group of nParticles dies.
Example:I set the lifespan to constant and put 2 sec.After that I run the sim and the fluid starts to emit exactly after 48 frames(2sec),after the 1st 100 nParticles died.
Did someone have the same problem and solve it somehow T_T?

Conni
04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi,
I ran into the same problem. Rebuilt the scene from scratch, no avail.
Will try finding a solution/ workaround tomorrow...

Aikiman
04-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Works fine my end folks. Select nParticle and 'use per point emission' from menu, no need to select emitter also. The fluid emitter will automatically have the per point emission selected after this. Throw in a ramp based on lifespan, then I moved the black color chip half way down with 'none' as interpolation and the particles stopped emitting fluids half way through their lifespan.

Aikiman
04-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Another interesting observation, the emission radius is controlled by the max distance on the fluid emitter when emitting particles, and not controlled by the particle radius. However when adding the radiusPP attr and using radius per point on the emitter, now the emission radius is based on the raidus of the particle.

bluehonda
04-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Awesome info guys, thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2010, 05:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.