PDA

View Full Version : integrate spline IK into hierarchy

brueghel
04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello, I try to figure out how to organize a spline IK set up into my character rig hierarchy. Whats the common way to parent clusters, controllers, joints, ik handle, and the curve for the IK together?

I have a character and I created a jont chain for tongue. These joints are parented to the head joint. I created the IK Handle, and made Clusters with the CVs of the Curves. I parent constrained the clusters to the control curves.
Now I have clusters, controll curves, and the curve of the spline IK (to controll the tongue) and the IkHandle itself which is fixed, and Im a little bit confused how to constrain and parent them all together, without getting double transformations.

giordi
04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
alright if you have double transformations doesn't matter how many times do you group it.
i'm used for a spine to group all the same things and make a master group and test scale and other trasform for exempla i should have

Main group :

- cluster group : cluster 1 cluster 2 etc
- bones group : spine1 jnt spine 2 jnt etc
- ik handle
- curve ik handle

if you wish you should group the ik and the curve , after that you have to start work on the scale and trasformation and inherit the trasnfor where needed usually the nurbs curve

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.