PDA

View Full Version : My first 3D project, constructive criticism PLEASE.

vidkidfx
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Here's my first Cinema 4D project, please give me some constructive criticism. I need your help to get better. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVPfE41glE

YKantBobReed
04-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Your renders are clean and detailed, and you've clearly had some experience with design/video work. Overall I would say that you've done an amazing job on your first go around. Many people aren't this good on their 10th. The two things I think you could really work on are character design (they're not bad for this project, but it kind of a low hanging fruit character) and character animation. It looks like the characters didn't move much (maybe at all). That's not really bad for this project (it was *extremely* good for a first try) but in the future animating your characters is going to make them feel so much more lifelike. Even mediocre character animation is better than none most of the time, and if you keep it up, it will turn into great character animation.

Glacierise
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Great! Some secondary motion of the characters could liven it up, but otherwise - very cool.

vidkidfx
04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to concentrate on animation next go around.

ciarand
04-17-2010, 04:34 PM
That would be decent work even for someone quite experienced! You clearly aren't completely new to computer graphics! Have you been doing 3d for very long? Or is this the result of the very first go at a 3d program!?

What stands out most to me are the poses, nice and dynamic with clear silhouettes and also well balanced. I know there isn't much animation in this project, but what you have looks nice!

vidkidfx
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks. My experience is with After Effects (5 Years), I've been trying to fake it with 2.5 faux 3D in AE for that long and decided I might as well learn the real thing. I've been watching 3D software tutorials for about 6 months but this was my first non tutorial project.

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.