PDA

View Full Version : Can you texture paint on a terrain

Mafx
04-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey,

I know I can use a map to layout where I want different materials to be but is there a way to paint a material onto a terrain in the same way you can sculpt. I am sculpting in some walking tracks as I am building the terrain and with that do not have a map to use in the function editor. I would just like to take a base dirt material and paint it where I am creating the paths, then I will slap on some bushes and the like around the edging.

Just using the 8 PLE at the moment.

Cheers.

S.

phamarus
04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey,

I know I can use a map to layout where I want different materials to be but is there a way to paint a material onto a terrain in the same way you can sculpt. I am sculpting in some walking tracks as I am building the terrain and with that do not have a map to use in the function editor. I would just like to take a base dirt material and paint it where I am creating the paths, then I will slap on some bushes and the like around the edging.

Just using the 8 PLE at the moment.

Cheers.

S.

You should be able to paint material directly on to the terrain, but I do believe itīs only the material shading you can see in realtime while painting, but from there the textures should be assigned.
check the feature here...
Paint Material Distribution Maps on Terrains

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_8_xstream/?page=4

Michael

Mafx
04-13-2010, 06:58 AM
yeh thanks that will do. I just need to bang on a mixed material first and can make it workable.

Now onto the infinite plane not being editable.

Thanks

S.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2010, 06:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.