PDA

View Full Version : My Character Artist Demo Reel

goodchic6387
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Heya!

This is my first post, and my first Demo reel >.<

I graduated from Full Sail in December.

I plan on making a new demo reel with new assets soon and would love some advice and critique on what I should do differently for next time.

Thanks!

http://vimeo.com/9915745

phantomworkshop
04-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Chealsea,

Great job! I really like your character designs and I like how you started with a bit of a mix between humanoid and creature. Very well done. Your characters were presented beautifully and it was good that you added some animated shots of your character at the end to show your models work in a production environment! Congratulations and good luck!

J

Abazaba
04-12-2010, 07:14 PM
nice work. your proportions look good, and geo seems clean.

best advice i can give u is to go high res. all next gen game companies are requiring high res abilities. u should def keep one lo res model on your reel. but it will be extremely hard to find a gig without high end work.

i like the variety of characters, but u really need to push the details. right now, your reel is competent, but you need to wow them, if your going to stand out. instead of starting new assets, teak out your current models. go crazy with it.

id also take out the in-game shot at the end. i see what youre going for, but its ends the reel on a lower note. and companies dont care much that your model works in an engine. they have smart programmers to take care of that. your job its to produce clean, detailed models.

hope im not being too harsh, cause i can def see you have talent and skill. but its a tight market right now, and u have to hit it hard if you want to stand out.

goodchic6387
04-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Thank you both for your great input. I really appreciate all your feedback, I have a better view now on the things I need to work on.

Now I'm going to get to work :)

JoshKirk
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM
great work but shouldn't this be posted in the modeling or texturing section?

Rahl
04-13-2010, 05:40 AM
I have to agree with the above poster,

I believe that the animation forum is for animations, not animated cameras.

Still nice work.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2010, 05:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.