PDA

View Full Version : Shatter Solver with nParticle Fluids

jedipottsy
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi,
Im trying to crack a glass bottle that has a thick liquid inside. Ive got my glass which ive shattered into 9 shards. What solver can i use to drop the bottle off a table with nparticle fluids inside and have the glass shatter and interact with the nParticles? How do i setup the collision? I had a look at the nParticle Egg preset but it doesnt work on mine, the egg shatters but the fluids dont solve, how do i transition from the solid mesh to the fractured meshes?

tpalamar
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
You could make the bottle an nCloth object (use a constraint to hold the pieces together until you are ready for them to break)and make the nparticles collide against them. Make sure they are using the same solver so they will interact with each other.

jedipottsy
04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
You could make the bottle an nCloth object (use a constraint to hold the pieces together until you are ready for them to break)and make the nparticles collide against them. Make sure they are using the same solver so they will interact with each other.

sorry this is going to sound a bit dense, but which constraint? Does the fractured mesh need a gap between pieces?

tpalamar
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
No problem. I would use a Component to Component constraint on the bottle that you broke up into pieces. You do not need a gap between the pieces. On the constraint turn off Local Collide and Exclude Exclusions.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.