PDA

View Full Version : Rendering with VRAY in Max

Mafx
04-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Hey,

I am trying the PLE with Max 2010 and Vray but I continually get the 'Warning: Scene is empty' error message. I have added the xstreamvray effect in the atmosphere tab in rendering and opened a scene in Max. I have vray selected as the default renderer but I cannot make anything appear in the render box - what am I missing.

I saw this in the ref manual;
"Rendering of the Vue scene elements is done through the use of a single volumetric shader added to
the native scene. Depending on the target application, this volumetric shader is either applied to the
cameras, to the whole scene/environment, or to a volume object.
The xStream volumetric shader is responsible for rendering Vue objects (and EcoSystems), the Vue
atmosphere, and the Vue sky in a single pass. It is possible to enable these elements independently
in the xStream Options dialog."

But not sure how that relates to Vray rendering in Max.

Any suggestions.

S.

vegasti
04-10-2010, 05:45 PM
You need to turn on renderable in the object properties for the objects you import from Vue.. ;) Dont know why it's off when you import it tho..

Debneyink
04-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Should be pretty straight forward as long as you have later than sp2 vray installed

Mafx
04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey,

nah it is not imported, even if I create a new scene from the toolbar in Max the scene is empty. I can put a primative with a vray material on it and it renders but not the vue aspects of the scene, yeh I am use the 'Main Camera' for Vue also.
From the ref guide it should be straight forward, my only concern is it refers to that volumetric shader but not its specific application in Max.

Dunno, I am sure it's something forehead slappingly easy that I am missing, but I am missing it.

S.

thev
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Did you add the Vue atmospheric effect in the 3ds Max Environment dialog?

Best regards,
Vlado

Mafx
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
yeh added the xtreamvray effect in there.

That is all I thought i needed to do. I am stumped.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.