PDA

View Full Version : Chair fall apart dynamically

ajsfuxor
09-09-2003, 07:53 AM
hey yall

I've never really used dynamics before, but i have to make an old wooden chair fall apart. Of course i could keyframe the anim, but would be cool to try and do it dynamically.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

stallion151
09-09-2003, 10:04 AM
your model has to made of seperate pieces first, where ever the cracks in the wood will go. Make it a rigid body (active) then apply a force that will break it/smash it.

rhankins
09-15-2003, 07:06 PM
A couple of things to watch out for:

make sure that the pieces do not interpenetrate or you will have very slow calculations and an inaccurate solution.

make sure that the normals for the pieces are all facing outward

Cinematography
09-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Ajsfuxor, I love your avator! :D

ajsfuxor
09-16-2003, 01:20 AM
thanks for the replies guys, i will be working on that shit in a week or two, so im sure ill have a few more questions.

Cinematography: thanks! The doggy character is from a short i was working on, but got dumped cus of another idea i had. You can check out a preview image from my short im currently working on the opening page of my soon to come website www.gimballock.com!!

Cinematography
09-16-2003, 07:00 AM
ajsfuxor,
"The doggy character is from a short i was working on, but got dumped cus of another idea i had."
I know your pain. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78110) :cry:

"You can check out a preview image from my short im currently working on the opening page of my soon to come website www.gimballock.com!!"
I like the style. I'm working on a short film of my own right now. Actually, two of them. I'm trying to finish up a special effects piece that I shot in Memphis TN last month, and I will soon start production on my animated 'symbolic drama' piece later next month. I don't have a website yet, but I do have a LINK (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78677&highlight=Hegemony+Evolution) to a film that I did about 4 years ago if you're curious about my filming style.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.