PDA

View Full Version : Nuke showreel

littlemahanta
04-08-2010, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7S_LOAAu98 this my nuke showreel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7S_LOAAu98

scrimski
04-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Too long. First, your name/credits roll for like 20 seconds in front of a 1:00 reel - shorten that down to 10, maybe less. Rule of thumb for a text slate is 6 seconds, 8 - 10 if it contains some kind of adress or phone number.

Shorten the wipe-in stuff in the breakdowns. It's too long, if people want to see the single elemenst they go frame by frame anyway.
If you use downloaded footage you should credit the sources it on the end of the reel.

And check the spelling of your name at the end..

littlemahanta
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
it was my first showreel next time i 'll keep all these thing in my mind...

and what's wrong in spelling of my name .... !!!

scrimski
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Either you write all of it in small letters or start pre- and surname with a capital letter. It's a bit picky, but there is no second chance for a first impression and I'd rather correct that.

littlemahanta
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
thank you sir.
next time i 'll relay care about all these things.....!!! :) :) :)

jhorsthuis
04-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Soon all the showreels in the world will look exactly the same, all cultural flavours, and ethnic diversity wiped out by a set of rules on how to show the best.
No telling what kind of person the maker is, since they've got the conventions down from the web...

I'm a bit overreacting here ofcourse, and I know the importance of a good reel, but need we be so specific on what 'professional' is? Fortunately, different parts of the world might think different about these things, and the 'show as much as you can in as little time as possible' cuture might (hopefully) not have crept into all the places in the world...

But, I might be completely wrong...

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2010, 09:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.