PDA

View Full Version : Fluid nCache import problem

jamill71
04-08-2010, 04:45 AM
Hello All

I am working on a scene in Maya 2010 x64. I have a small 2D fluid which runs for almost 2000 frames. I have cached it and it is very light and renders very fast. No problem so far. However after I transfer the Maya Project to a network drive in order to use a renderfarm, and try to connect the Fluid to its nCache now living on the network drive. ( using "Fluid nCache > Attach existing Cache file") I get this error "// Error: Channel fuel was not found." I tried disabling all the nCaches on the fluid first and then reconnecting the Fluid nCache with the same results. All the Cache files are there in the data folder on the network drive including the .XML file, but once they are transfered to the network drive Maya suddenly doesn't like them anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening and or some possible solutions.
Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2010, 04:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.