PDA

View Full Version : saving as DIVX

preludian
09-09-2003, 12:58 AM
hi,

for the first time I used DFX+ to actually do what I else do with Premiere, and it's neat and fast BUT I needed the file as AVI DIVX enconded, what happened was that I had no quality control at all, all the sliders didn't change anything. With DIVX 5 the quality was mediocre and with 5.1 it was great but the file size was to big. And I couldn't change anyting about the quality. Same thing with other encoders , no problem, quicktime JPEG B , very nice, unfortunately I needed an AVI ;) I finally reencoded the big avi file with DrDIVX and it worked out fine, but why the trouble?? Why can't I do it with DFX+, any ideas???

Flywaver
09-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Hey preludian,

We had the same problem today with Premiere Pro...I tried several kb settings and the quality slider and it was only outputing large file sizes.

I guess it's not a DFX+ bug because I could adjust it in DFX+ with the previous DivX build.

Cheers!

RealThing
09-09-2003, 05:11 AM
This was discussed not too long ago on the pigsfly list. Here's the answer that was given.

Liszewski of Eyeon Technical:

"Certain codecs, even those that function under Video for Windows, may not be able to be configured using the sliders in the Format tab of the Saver tool. It all depends how the codec is written or how closely it relies on Video for Windows standards etc.

In this case using these sliders to configure this codec obviously does not produce the results or changes you were looking for. To acess the specific configuration window for this codec simply open the DFX+ Preferences. (File > Preferences.) In here under 'Globals and new flow defaults > I/O > AVI' you should see a compressor pull down menu similar to what is in the Saver tool. Switch to the Divx codec and then hit the 'Configure...' button. This will bring up the codec's own preferences and configuration window, which you can then setup as you need. When you hit OK and then save your DFX+ prefs, the next time you render with the
Divx codec selected in the Saver it should render with the new compression settings."

Flywaver
09-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey thanks a LOT for that tip RealThing! :applause:

Cheers!

preludian
09-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Superb tip RealThing, thank you very much:beer: :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.