PDA

View Full Version : maya fluid & fields problem...

battyonline
04-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I have run into a problem using maya fluid and fields...
i am using 15 volume axis fields to design a complex fluid explosion but the problem is without the fields the sim is around 2mn per frame and with the 15 fields around 2-5 hours per frame ??
fluid rez : 250 - 300 - 350
What is wrong ? any idea ?
Thks

alibaba
04-07-2010, 02:26 AM
I also encountered the same problem. .

DDelapena
04-07-2010, 03:03 AM
That fluid res is looking wayyyy high...a little too high...Expect very very long sim times per frame with such a high res, if you got the comp for it..great. But think about what the processor has to calculate with basically 300x3 voxel resolution..then an external force (being a field) running through that many voxels. I'm assuming your using fuel heat and density if your making an explosion. (can be achieved without fuel, but fuel does help a bit)

An excellent explosion can be achieved with 150x3 tops...if you have to go to 200x3 then okay...your pushing it. But anything higher... your going to wait too long for anything.
test sim at low res 50x3 for speed of motion/timing .. get something looking good. Once you got a nice motion test it out at 100x3.
I understand the sim is diff the higher the res..but if you want to get finished by this year, test as low sim. =]
Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2010, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.