PDA

View Full Version : nCloth Scale?

DKdontKNO
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows a possible way to animate the scale of an nCloth object over time? So far I could only set keys for individual vertices, but when I do that the cloth is still effected as if it was only one size :( Any help would be much appreciated!

HowardM
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
are you animating the output mesh or input?
animate the input, even use a copy of the input as a rest shape and animate that.
morph it, displace it, and see what happens ;)

tpalamar
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I am not sure I quite understand what it is you are trying to do, but if you want to change the nCloth to make it look like it is larger, as in animation larger, you will need to animate the Space Scale. Is it just the geometry you are trying to scale?

DKdontKNO
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys, think I might have it, basically it was kinda like a bunch of red blood cells that are squeezing/growing from an empty area, then they break off and collide with the surrounding environment and eachother. Animating the rest length scale over time and that did the trick, instead of scaling the input mesh vertices. Thanks again! :)

DKdontKNO
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Spoke too soon...is there another way anyone can suggest? Looks like it's almost gonna have to be like it's filling up with air.

HowardM
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Did you try as I said to make a duplicate, assign it as Rest Shape and scale that shape?

If you need it to simply fill up, use Pressure...

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.