PDA

View Full Version : Floating Plants

shongu
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
So working on a new environment in vue 7.5. Using Eco painter to add plants to a small little hill I added to the terrain. For some reason half the plans near the out side edge of the hill are floating at the height of the top of the hill. It happened once before with a layer of stones I had but it was easy to just repaint. The bushes on the other hand took a lot of work and there are very many instances there. What can I do to stop them from floating?

(sorry, Kinda having a bit of a hard time explaining the issue).

shongu
04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Another issue I'm currently having is that I can't seem to find a way to turn the atmosphere off. Putting vue into max everything glows blue. I deleted all the vue generated lights but it still glows because of the atmosphere. I want to use Max's lighting on my vue environment. Is that possible?
(note, my first issue of floating plants is happening in both vue and max/vue combo. My lighting issue is more just max related, but if theres a way to turn it off in vue that would answer my quetsion)

AFalk
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Floating eco-systems -- only thing I can think of is that you have the absolute distance from surface set for yoru ecos.

As for turning out the lights in Vue, do this:

Sun : turn sun size and nimbus to 0%
Light Tab: zero out the light value (leave in physical atmo model) - set black ligth color
Sky/Fog : turn the sliders down to Zero on Haze, Fog and Glow

Lastly take the sun itself and pull it beneath the ground plane. If your scene for some reason doesn't have one perhaps encasing the sun in a modeled box would work as well.

shongu
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
THANKS!
So far it seems all thats working. The blue glow has disappeared and been replaced by a glow, though only in max, making me believe it's not my fault but who ever set up the lighting in there.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.