PDA

View Full Version : render crashes at 35GB?

Sybexmed
04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Im rendering a bunch of footage i have and it always crashes at 35GB? Does anyone know why? I have much more than this on my hardrive.

danielHinton
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
stupid question - are you rendering to a file sequence or one video file? You may have to split your comp up and render in chunks.

Mylenium
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I have much more than this on my hardrive.

And so have most other people... Still, there are file size limits and limits on the number of files per folder imposed by your operating, which is most likely what you are seeing. Of course you still could have a bad frame in your source footage somewhere at the specific spot when the crash occurs...

Mylenium

Sybexmed
04-06-2010, 08:13 PM
And so have most other people... Still, there are file size limits and limits on the number of files per folder imposed by your operating, which is most likely what you are seeing. Of course you still could have a bad frame in your source footage somewhere at the specific spot when the crash occurs...

Mylenium

Well, the reason i said that is because i know someone out there would ask if i had enough hard space on my drive so... thanks for pointing out the obvious.. but anyway, im rendering out to desktop so there are no folders here.. could you explain how i could have a bad frame? i'm not familiar with this, all of my footage is straight out of a canon 7D. Rendering in chunks sounds like a good way to go about it. thanks for the tip.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2010, 08:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.