PDA

View Full Version : Vue to Maya Camera Synching

jaygarrison3d
04-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Working on a Vue/Maya scene. I really need to do the camera work in Maya, but need to import it into Vue.

I have the Synchronization plugin installed. But when I run it doesn't offer the "vue" format that vue wants when I select the "synchronize" button.

Any ideas?

sinistar
04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey man are you using Maya 8.5? As far as I know thats the only version you can export Maya camera animation out of... Also, you need a plugin.

I'd like to ask a question in regards to this though. Once I export my camera animation from Maya...I import it onto my camera. However NOW my camera is NEVER lined up in the same place as my terrain. So i'm always stuck having to eyeball where the terrain goes? How can I make it so that I import my camera and its in the same place relative to my landscape?

jaygarrison3d
04-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey man are you using Maya 8.5? As far as I know thats the only version you can export Maya camera animation out of... Also, you need a plugin.

I'd like to ask a question in regards to this though. Once I export my camera animation from Maya...I import it onto my camera. However NOW my camera is NEVER lined up in the same place as my terrain. So i'm always stuck having to eyeball where the terrain goes? How can I make it so that I import my camera and its in the same place relative to my landscape?

I'm using Vue8 xStream 8 with Maya 2010. We purchased it specifically for this project. And yeah it has the plugins for camera synching.

Also I figured out what I was doing wrong. After importing the data, you have to select a camera in vue, and under it's options you can change it's settings to "synchronize" and then can even pic out which imported data to use.

It was scaled all wrong, but fortunately there is a scale option. I brought it down to .1 and that 'seemed' to be correct. I'm about to render a pass out of maya and verify the elements match.

jaygarrison3d
04-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm using Vue8 xStream 8 with Maya 2010. We purchased it specifically for this project. And yeah it has the plugins for camera synching.

Also I figured out what I was doing wrong. After importing the data, you have to select a camera in vue, and under it's options you can change it's settings to "synchronize" and then can even pic out which imported data to use.

It was scaled all wrong, but fortunately there is a scale option. I brought it down to .1 and that 'seemed' to be correct. I'm about to render a pass out of maya and verify the elements match.

Update, that seemed to work fine! There's seems to be a LITTLE pixel shift, but probably more of an anti aliasing seam then the camera being wrong.

In my case I had to scale the camera down to ".1" Not sure if that is some kind of universal setting, or just in my case.

Hope this helps.

sinistar
04-09-2010, 05:00 AM
did you have to match the pivot points of the objects or something first too?

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2010, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.