PDA

View Full Version : Animation:Character: new 9-seconds

dwalden74
09-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi guys-

Im looking for some feedback on my latest animation: A Bear Down There (http://www.david-walden.com/mov_bearDownThere.htm)

Im working on a new demo reel and this will be the first piece to put on it.

Thanks and :beer:
David

disrupt
09-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I think this is looking very nice. One thing that doesn't read for me is when the taller guy says"how could that be a bear down there"? He goes up on 1 foot on the word "bear". I think that he can keep the same strong pose, just keep both feet on the ground there. I don't see a need for him to go up on one leg there. It seems too aggresive for the dialog. His voice isn't as intense as the pose is there. There is also a bit of a pop in the tall guy's head when the short guy says "trap". The tall guy is just reacing but I think it is just a couple frames too quick because his head pops back too abruptly. I keep watching it and I don't see much else to comment on. I love how both guys have their own character. Each one definately resembles one of the stooges. The short guy is excellent! This is a nice piece.

Jerkazoid
09-10-2003, 06:59 AM
At this level theres not much i could certainly say... it might have some over acting for my taste.. but i must say this is veteran character animation. looks like you have several hard years of expierence and shouldnt have too much trouble getting work.

i did think of something.. i was thinking (based on the bumble idiot-ness of the fat guy,, larry?)

when he goes to get a trap... he does just that... there doesnt seem to be enough time/ nor modivation for moe to do the ear pull slap stick ..

instead of thrusting up on his toes as he says the "gonna get a TRAP" he just turns as he says it and starts to step away takes one step, then in the middle of the second, (Right before he splashes down), the other guy grabs him back and retorts as u have it. ("wait a minute...")

larry can have a nice hard recover and maybe even composure swip of his clothes to adjust them, before he says "its very possible" as if to get back some dignity

i think this would be a nice way to end it.

sorta like "moe is their leader" and saves him from his own stupidity.

very tremendous excellent job however.

dwalden74
09-10-2003, 07:44 AM
Thanks guys for your comments. I find the feedback always helpful. I admit this piece is far from perfect. I tried to cram a bit too much action into a short time - bad mistake (I was actually thinking of digitally lengthening the audio clip so as to hold some of the poses longer, then I decided against it). Anyway cheers for the feedback...Ill post a new piece in a few weeks when I have time.

:beer:
David

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.