PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!Was a Photographer, What's next

MariaC
04-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Hello guys. My name is Maria. I was working as a fashion photographer for few years in both China and UK. But, you can not image how miserable my career plan for future is

I ve been UK for 3 years but photographer is totally not my cup of tea. Even I have gain few chance take part in several International photographic Festival but still can not find a full-time job.

Now I am seriously think about change my career into any post-production for film&Games.

My condition is : have very good experience in photography (lighting, explore,)
4 year BA in Fine art and Photography
No 3D exp,
but black-hand of Photoshop and composting, digital drawing
A residence of Mac OX....

Now the question comes up: I would like to take a diploma in 1-2 years in Canada. (Don't asked me why I always move to somewhere cold enough, just because my family will immigrate there soon)

Searched few film school, but the VFS is expensive enough to strike me. and I may not have enough portfolio for the interview. (all my staff is digital photography)

I also see Pacific Audio Visual Institute, Vancouver

If anybody got idea about my mapping, please say something.

Manythanks to you all!!

SanjayChand
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
You might enjoy lighting and compositing.

Id learn both. Learn how to light and render in Maya (specifically with Mental Ray, learning Renderman wouldnt hurt either) and then learn a compositing app such as Nuke (or Fusion).

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.