PDA

View Full Version : Vue 8 ambient light

kaggen
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to increase the ambient light in a scene but i don't get the effect i'm after (it only gets slighy brighter). In previous version of Vue when i increase the ambient light (and decrease the light from sun) i get a much brighter image. If you look at the image i attached i get a much brighter picture in the preview window (as i want) but when actually rendered it gets much darker (as the big picture to the left).

Is there any new options i missed since Vue 6? I looked through every options i could find that effects lightning and tested checking/unchecking most of them, but i don't manage to get the ambient bright enough.

EDIT: I've downloaded and tested the 8.4 infinite beta update, but it's the same problem.

AFalk
04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think of myself as an expert but try peeking at these settings in the Sky panels:

Light Color
Ambient Color
Ambient Light Level

Overall Scene Brightness sliders

If I understand your issue correctly, none of these are providing any changes?

Oh and b/f I forget, check which side is controlling your lighting, Sun or Ambience in the master lighting slider.

Just some thoughts :)

Regards,

AF

kaggen
04-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your tips, but i've allready gone through all those settings. I'm using spectral model.

However, now it works! :)

While investigating the problem i did a scene with Vue 6 with the amount of ambience i wanted (it worked without any problems in Vue 6). I then saved the scene and lodaded it into Vue 8, and what do you know, now it works there too.

Now the ambient is ok every time i create a new scene (before it didn't change however i pulled the slides between ambient and sunlight), and the rendered scene match the scene in the preview window as it should. Loading that scene from Vue 6 seems to have cured Vue 8 from whatever was the problem. Maybe it set some option somewhere straight that i've been fiddling with, i really don't know.

Thanks anyway!

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2010, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.