PDA

View Full Version : Vue terrain to Mudbox

AntoniaH
04-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello,

I have several terrains created in Vue 7 all with different rock textures/materials. I would like to know if I can bring the colour map file and bump map files into Mudbox please? The obj terrain comes in just lovely.

I have seen a tutorial for bringing in terrains and material maps into Zbrush.

Thank you experts, Antonia x

cturner3d
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Hello,

I have several terrains created in Vue 7 all with different rock textures/materials. I would like to know if I can bring the colour map file and bump map files into Mudbox please? The obj terrain comes in just lovely.

I have seen a tutorial for bringing in terrains and material maps into Zbrush.

Thank you experts, Antonia x

Would depend on if its a normal terrain or a procedural. Normal just while in the terrain editor after you have selected and setup your materials click export terrain and there will give you the options to export color map and bump.
Procedural can be done but its a very long and complicated experience and you have to line up your cameras jsut perfectly to match it all up. There is a good script in Snowflake by AsileFX to set this up and they also offer a good tutorial on how to do just what your'e asking.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.