PDA

View Full Version : How Would I Do This?

sinistar
04-03-2010, 03:35 AM
I want to take text a bunch of letters... and have them fall from top screen randomly...into a word in the center of the screen and then after the word is displayed for a moment have those letters fall off the screen randomly again...

is there a good way to do this that anyone can think of with dynamics? maybe I should be using some other software?

thanks!

ruchitinfushion
04-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Try to start with particle Instance with custom Attrb for scale,rotation,etc...............

aghawa
04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I think the fastest way to do this would be using a RigidBody(or a rigid nCloth) for each letter. Activate/deactivate them randomly to have them fall. After they settled you can turn off the dynamics on each of those to make them display the word. AFter the time you need, turn again the dynamics on and let them fall again.

sinistar
04-03-2010, 07:27 PM
thanks guys.. how would I get the letter to fall into the right place tho?

I wonder if i'd actually need to create two animations... like one of the letters blowing upwards from their correct position and one of them blowing downwards and then just reverse the one of the letters blowing downwards? Its just that I have a lot of words I want to do this with...

kdronez
04-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Just one quick idea that MAYBE could help you :>.
So aaaam make as much letters as you want make them instanced to the particles/nParticles BUT the letter that you need to stay at the ground attach it to Moton Path curve :>.You can curve the curve xD as much as you like to match your scene :>.
Hope this helps :>.

FluidEdge
04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
after effects, Apple Motion or even LiveType would be better for this perhaps?

I can't really see maya offering you anything in terms of speed or final effects.

Castius
04-06-2010, 03:46 PM
You could use this.
http://graphics.cs.cmu.edu/projects/mwb/

Takes a little to learn but can export a Ma file once it's done.

azshall
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
how about just hand animating them. what is "randomly" going to get you if its not being done in realtime?

azshall
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
how about just hand animating them. what is "randomly" going to get you if its not being done in realtime?

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.