PDA

View Full Version : fusion or nuke?

JayWalker
04-02-2010, 09:59 PM
IM looking into getting one or the other for compositing a 3d film and 3d graphics what are some of the pros and cons to each and what one would you recommend

mister3d
04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
IM looking into getting one or the other for compositing a 3d film and 3d graphics what are some of the pros and cons to each and what one would you recommend
I first started learning Nuke, but then realised it's not for me. It's a very memory-efficient application from my experience, and cool design, but it's harder to find many plugins for it, at least it was so 2 years ago. Nuke is aimed towards a large-scale movie production, i.e working with huge resolutions. Fusion supports AE plugins, so it's more all-round application. My opinion may be biased, but Nuke for me is ferrari, and fusion - jeep, but you don't always need ferrari for some terrains. It depends on what you do. If you do videodesign, AE is good, if you work in a movie production, you would probably not asking such a question and would be using Nuke, and if you work on a smaller production or solo, Fusion for me was a better choice.