PDA

View Full Version : plaited beard

lricho
05-23-2002, 04:08 AM
Just about finished modelling the form of this guy's head and just about to give him a beard. It is going to be a long one, and i am going to plait it. What I am wanting is a bit of advice. The way i am thinking, there is two options available
1. actually model and plait 3 "strands" together, or
2. extrude out one big strand and fake the plait by modelling the surface details.

The second way will probably be a bit easier to texture, but I would like to know if anyone else has done something similar...

flamedevil
05-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Hi guy ,
i 'm novice too in the forum , and i noticed that the beginner are not listened ...
I don't like that !

:thumbsdow

About your head :

I like it but i can't help you for texturing because i'm too bad for it.

LucentDreams
06-02-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry you think that, I am usually in the texturing forum, and I know that a lot of the really experienced users, are either working or in the challenges, so you have to be a little patient.

As for the issue I am not quite sure what you mean, but the way I would make the beard is using a spritplanesmethod. Here is a prime example, I used to have a tutorial, but this one was much better so I recommend it all the time now.

menithings hair tut (http://www.menithings.com/How/Tilt/Hair/Tilt_Hair_01.html)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.