PDA

View Full Version : The Gift, Olijosman (2D)

olijosman
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45174/THE-GIFT_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45174/THE-GIFT.jpg)

Hello again, this is one of my last drawings, the gift.

I hope that you like ;)

dedicated to my fellows workers: Hivan, Capi, JJ,Calpe,Chuy...
:thumbsup:

koroko
09-08-2003, 10:45 AM
I love it!!!

Man, post images just slightly more often, i need the inspiration that comes to see your marvelous work... ;) you cannot keep that from the world to see...

Whos that beaty, it seems that you followed someone real there...

right awaaaaaay to my "XtraZuper" folder... :thumbsup:

PS:tiu, como se te ocurre metelo en iespaña? en cuanto este en la portada y esto se llene dos paginas, la mita de la gente no va a pode velo...

jur!

olijosman
09-08-2003, 02:54 PM
unfortunately I do not know she.What a pity!! ;)

thanks for your unconditional commentaries, food for my ego!
:blush:

wartorn
09-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow, a true work of art. Great job. My only comment is that perhaps the hands look a bit boyish, like for a 6 year old boy. They arent really long and trim like a woman's. Maybe you want to check into that. But other than that its very good.

Sky_DaBomB
09-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Just like wartorn said, her hand doesnt look that feminine.... it looks too short and bold.
But Great work,man. I really love the head and her look

:buttrock:

olijosman
09-08-2003, 04:43 PM
plump fingers, poor girl...!!
thanks for all:thumbsup:

phoenix
09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
very nicely made....its a composite right......half real pic and half digi:thumbsup:

-=[RoX]=-
09-08-2003, 07:30 PM
wooooooow
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
it's fantastic.

Hipnodream
09-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Cream, beautiful image.

Regards.

ElKrullo
09-09-2003, 01:28 AM
OK, maybe her hands doesn't look ultrafeminine, but DAMN, is't photorealistic! I'm stunned! :thumbsup:

StealthPharaoh
09-09-2003, 05:56 AM
this is soo good..awesome job..
i'm kinda new here..haven't seen your other work before..i would love to see more of your work..i visited your site and went to the gallery but didn't find anything and i don't understand spanish..lol
can u link me to some of your other work..

well,there's one thing that bother me..her ear is a bit thick..her hands are ok..not all women have long fingers..the way u made the hands makes it more realistic actually..
imperfections makes it perefect..:thumbsup:
and the skin color of the hands are just excellent

well,i haven't rated anything before but this definately deserves some stars..
keep up the great work..:)

palomaya
09-09-2003, 08:20 AM
My god! I cannot visit the forums as often as I'd like (I work a lot of hours a day, you know...), but every time I get a moment for entering cgtalk and I search for some of your new posts... I never become disappointed!! It ALWAYS worths while!! :thumbsup:

Her beauty is so calm and exquisite... I'm gazing her hair, the way she is looking at somewhere,... The hands' details and the clothes pleats are just masterful!!! Yes, her fingers maybe are a bit shorter than "they're supposed to be", but I think it makes her more real. Could you swear that is it not a photograph?? It's hardly to believe!!

If the envy killed I would be dead at this stage!!! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

bigshape
09-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Wow, so much beauty makes me blind!! She's so bright that I need sunglasses for looking at her :cool:
Is it the result of your inspiration only, or have you taken a "real" model ?? (you know what I mean? )
;)
The jewels and the dress' handcraft are great, and the whole picture is extremely realistic!!
Really awesome, keep posting :applause:

halo
09-09-2003, 11:20 AM
trace painted photo?:rolleyes:

fr3drik
09-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Seems like the server that hosts the image can't keep up with it.

gtidhar
09-09-2003, 11:28 AM
A truely amazing work.

Something seems not right with her shoulders though. And I have to agree that the hands are boyish in a way.

Great job man!

sbx
09-09-2003, 11:41 AM
wow :) olijosman - what programmes did you use ?

wgreenlee1
09-09-2003, 11:46 AM
I love the face and hair but those hands are freak'n me out.
Seem like her arms are bent wrong also...

Love that hair though!:thumbsup:

Vesuvando
09-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Seems good at the first sight but looking closer...
:hmm:
I won't be as hot as others are.
Hands DO NOT match a wife with such a beatiful face.
She seems to really take care of herself,(that's the least we can say...:rolleyes: )
So hands like this...
For the shoulder problem I agree.
Not enough large.
There is a proportion issue.

I guess that the photography at start was from a child,(from the hands) a girl.(from the clothes)
Then you added the head ; its place on the photography,and its proportions ,are not correct.

In a fist time it's beatiful.
But then :thumbsdow
Too strange.

Anyway,good start to make something really awesome.
You say drawings,but hey,draw like this and you're number 1... !

I don't want to be hard on you.
It could be a photoshop photo job.

Am i right ?

p4b10
09-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Wow, that hands look photorealistic and the clothes are incredible... but i agree hands style don't match the face...
Anyway...Great work!!

Please tell us something about the process!!

Kid-Mesh
09-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Very cool....I love it alot!

Have to agree as well, the more I look at the hands and those forearms it starts to have a "Male" impact on me :argh:

Nonetheless it doesnt take away from the fact that you have pure skill...nice job overall

sablebrush
09-09-2003, 12:40 PM
very nice work!
I love it :)

Congratulations! :beer:

Ac0rN
09-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Dont tell us that this is done in photoshop , cuz that looks like a photo :eek:

Taharez
09-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Very nice, but I agree with the previous comments about the hands etc. I think the image looks kind of like the top half is a photo, and the bottom an old painting of Mary.. Probably mostly because of the hands and the clothes ;)

Keep up the good work!

mora
09-09-2003, 01:00 PM
I know everyone pointed out the hands.Her hands are more manly than mine!!!:eek: Her face does'nt have enough fat for the hands to be to muscular.:hmm: my spider sense in tingling...

somlor
09-09-2003, 01:01 PM
I think the hands look perfect. Very naturalistic. Not boyish at all. Plenty of women have hands like this. I think you should actually work to "dirty" the face so that the detail/style matches the hands more. To me the hands look like a "master painting", while the face looks more airbrushed and like a makeup advertisement. No offense. It's a beautiful and impressive work as it stands.

hoochoochoochoo
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
is that a man made up as a woman? The arms are those of a working man.

Good skill in the artwork though!:thumbsup:

dondixon
09-09-2003, 01:20 PM
very good clean solid work, everyone is wrapped up in the hands but what bothered me was the jewel around her neck,...somthing about that is not workin its popping out way too much,..it appears tthat youwant the hand in front of the jewel necklace but they are fighting one another, but again it may just be my eyes.

DON

joie
09-09-2003, 01:48 PM
Please read the rules!, don´t post real photographies! :D
Did you paint it from scratch?
WOW

P.D: Bocetos, quiero bocetos! :P

Spozzfreund
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Great work, beautiful! :bowdown:

Nielsen
09-09-2003, 02:05 PM

TomD
09-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Nice Photograph.

If it's realy a photograph, than it's still a nice photograph.
If it is a drawing from scratch :drool: all the work put in to it :eek: , even blooming of the digital camera is imitated...............

Kinjiru
09-09-2003, 02:17 PM
just lovely :D

Raul-Reznek
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
it's excellent

i didn't have time to read all the posts...
in some parts it looks like it's a paint over and i think someone else has noticed the small size of the hands till now.

other than that, great!!!

onlooker
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
very nice. ;)

olijosman
09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
greetings to all !

in this drawing I have used reference photos to draw the face, for the rest, real reference and
imagination

I have used photosop and wacom tablet . it is not a photographic adjustment or photographic composition
my intention was to create a drawing with classic painting aspect,an exercise of discipline for me

thanks to all!!

you can find other drawings mine in the gallery: MISHKA, GORUSH, WEN-KIDO-YIN
thanks for the interest!!:thumbsup:

JonasNoell
09-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Uhm, I guess our so called "detectives" are already browsing for the foto ref. And I guess it will turn out in these usual childish "tracing" fights again. Anyway the pic looks perfect to me, but a little more information about using references and the technic would be very appreciated. :cool:

Edit: Just seen you added the desired information a couple of minutes before I posted :beer:

benderman
09-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Really great =))) Love it!

mudrat
09-09-2003, 02:41 PM
I just want to say that you made a great painting here, and I even appreciate more that you used classical painting techniques to achieve that. Regardless what other people say about the little things, it's a fine work.
This reminds me of my favorite artist, William Adolphe Bouguereau. I'm sure you have heard of him, look him up.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~frqnc23/framesen.html

Especially his later work.

Murad

olijosman
09-09-2003, 02:47 PM
the meaning of the drawing: which is the price of the people? what you are arranged to give in exchange for the gift?

Woooou!! Reference, I do not trace. Unfortunately I do not have so pretty models!;)

swampthing
09-09-2003, 02:48 PM
I guess i've seen too many paint overs to get really jazzed about this without actually seeing the references you used to see if yours is different or just a trace job.

Personally I think it's a 90% trace job, but if it isn't then you're an incredible painter.

MadS
09-09-2003, 03:14 PM
I agree, her hands are improportionate to the rest of her. They look like Carny hands. Other than that, it's a perfect painting. Looks almost photo-real. Good job!

cupcake
09-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Nice work.:applause:

iBlue
09-09-2003, 03:25 PM
wow... the hands are like a photo.. :)

olijosman
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
think what you want;)

http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/GIFTSTEP.jpg

niCer
09-09-2003, 03:27 PM
its a pic.. or ?

danRod
09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Sick.....just absolutely sick:buttrock:

???
09-09-2003, 03:31 PM
cool !

cerulean
09-09-2003, 03:32 PM
waycool...:thumbsup:

DoLeeP
09-09-2003, 03:38 PM
amazing work
ur areal artest super one
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Garma
09-09-2003, 03:40 PM
allright allright... enough of this.. It's nice photography skills. Who is she?

LOL man what a great job you did here

Berserker
09-09-2003, 03:51 PM
:eek:
Damn, what renderer did you use?!

j/k

red_oddity
09-09-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what to think...my eyes tell me you're yanking our chains here...it looks so...so...friggin' real....

koroko
09-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks for these, oli :beer:

Now you have to do a full step by step tutorial, share your custom brushes, and all your secrets and tricks, get your site up and running with better website design that jj has, and then you can sit back and relax, and rule the world....:twisted: ....j/k

In my humble opinion, you and anry are by far the two best artist around ...

Keep them coming...

IkerCLoN
09-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Nice one!!! But... well... it's a "realultraphotorrealistic" pic, and I'm on the other side, you know, "cartoon school", so the pic makes me feel nothing. I agree with the people who say the hands do not match the head. They are so childish...

To sum up, it's a very good photo-rendering exercise... but nothing more than that :wavey:

P.S.: "Artist"... what a weird word... ;)

koroko
09-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I´m in both sides iker :p

I agree 10% about the hands...

Artist is the common word for that, but you know BBAA kinda perverts that, i´ve been there :p

PS:antes q preguntes, volveré a 3dpoder prontito :p

BRUTICUS
09-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Yes the hands are a bit manly, but i've seen chicks with hands more masculine than this. Maybe its a hard working girl who finally has been rescued by some rich prick.

Either way the image is amazing.

Her face looks a LOT like Britney Spears.

el_mone
09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
OOOOOPS!
You did it again...

I really love this one, specially the hands and the cloth... You know ???

Awesome work man!!!!

Wolfy Junior
09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Very good Man !!
But something disturb me... It looks like a photo-manipulation. The hand are totally oppose to the face, and the quality of the jewels or of the embroidery on the dress are 50% less than the rest. But the face is really well done!

cgjie
09-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Great true-life work!
Make me forget this is a digital art,ha ha !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TheRow
09-09-2003, 04:39 PM
To put my c&c to the shortest.. I envy your artistic sence.. damn.. HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT??
think I will be sitting here and just stare for a while longer...
...there are buts... for example the hands.. but almost everyone have pointet that out already... well I'm going back to stareing and drooling :drool:

wurp
09-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Simply amazing talent!
I agree about the hands, but I believe the artist wanted to make them look this way, otherwise why would every single other detail be so perfect? :) I think they make her more interesting, for most parts she looks adult and so but the hands adds an interesting contrast to that. I wonder is it all painted or did you base the painting on photos in any way?

ChenLu
09-09-2003, 05:19 PM
umm~~~~~~

don't like her hands~~~

fingers too short

but it's really great work

Wonderer
09-09-2003, 05:21 PM
WOW! I'm impressed! She really lives!:eek:
No crits at all! I liked her hands, despite the other opnions:buttrock: :buttrock:

gagn
09-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Is that Julia Roberts?

ShinChanPu
09-09-2003, 06:03 PM
:thumbsup: Excellent work!!

Great skill and good attention to detail. I´ve been reading comments about her hands... well, maybe they look as girl´s or teenager´s but I know there are a lot of people like her. I love the creases and folds of the white fabric and jewells looks great.

My criticism: The shot remembers me the cheap photo-studio work, whith the characteristic lighting set up..., "stick body & turn your head"... even you could paint the reflected front flash light in her eyes too! And even the background style suits!!! And of course, you should add the glow line around the hair, made by the rear flash...

Don´t get me wrong... It´s a great work.

bigshape
09-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey, wurp!!
I completely agree with your point of view.
The lady's hands have intentionally been made that way. It's ridiculous thinking that the author is unable to draw a couple of "more conventional and feminine" hands, if you just have a look at the rest of the picture's details!!
As you suggest, this hands could be like a symbol or metaphor about the lady's innocent soul (we'll have to ask olijosman!!)... and I like them.

Kind greetings,

future14
09-09-2003, 06:12 PM
hey!!!this is awesome.........although i am not keen in this, but it's just awesome!!!!:thumbsup:

WillJohn
09-09-2003, 06:13 PM
i am always impressed by the level of talent on this forum..

well.. atleast 20% .. and thats almost 50..

palomaya
09-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi again, guys

I think there's not hands so famous on earth as this pretty lady's ones!!
But... what's the matter with her hands??

There is tall people with little hands and feet... and they can be really attractive and beautiful/handsome.

Note: I'm 32 and my hands and fingers are very, very similar to the hands and fingers of this beauty (but this fact does not influence my opinion at all, he he).

Unfortunately, it's the only matching between me and her!!! :annoyed:

Best wishes for everybody!! :love:

ZeroNeuro
09-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Looks great! Hey, could you disclose the photo referance?

Cheers

CG.p
09-09-2003, 06:38 PM
The only thing that I didn't see mentioned that jumps out at me....

The lighting from the front looks a little too much like professional flash setup for having a mystical light behind here. Pushing it a little orange would seem better to me. But that is just me. I think that is also what is really making people thing this is a photo.

blasphemy3_d
09-09-2003, 07:06 PM
OLIJOSMAN: dedicated to my fellows workers: Hivan, Capi, JJ,Calpe,Chuy...

Thanks for the gift Oli :beer:

About the artwork... well if I had not seen you drawing it I would say it is a photo.

This work is as wonderfull as ussual.

No crits, I hate perfection an so I love her hands!

Congrats, 5 stars for you!

DarkSkills
09-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Beautiful face:thumbsup: However, the hands and wrists seem really out of place. They have a photographic mannish quality to them. Almost as if the pic were a composit of different body parts from different souces.

fabriciomicheli
09-09-2003, 08:48 PM
In my humble opinion, you and anry are by far the two best artist around ... (koroko)

Are you saying that the more photorealisitic a picture is, the better artist is who made it?

...I don't think that art is photorealism...
:surprised

koroko
09-09-2003, 09:32 PM
I don't think that art is photorealism
Me neither :)

and anry are by far the two best artist around
...around this matters, i mean, doing what they are doing...

never said what you tryed to imply, maybe my fault cause its not clear...

The abstract-realistic silly battle is something for narrowminders, not saying you´re one... ;)

PS:no te me mosquees, fabrizzio, todo esto lo digo sin el mas minímo ánimo de comenzar discusiones o descalificaciones.un saludo :)

Day-Dreamer
09-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey your artwork is awesome.I just want to know
Can you draw that kind of quality in traditional drawing?(I mean not using computer)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BoydLake
09-09-2003, 11:01 PM
The biggest problem for me with this image is it's lack of unity between the elements. The jewelry looks like your assistant took over when you were done with the cloth/skin rendering. The ear could use some work, and the hands look like they belong on a large 5 yr old. Otherwise, it's nice.

mehdianim
09-10-2003, 12:37 AM
looks awesome! You obviously know what you are doing, the drapery is very well rendered. I agree with the chubby hand comments, although it looks like you wanted them that way...it just doesn't make her as attractive as she would have been with more refined looking hands, unless that's your type. Then again some guys couldn't care less about a woman's hands alltogether...
Excellent work regardless.

3dtutorial
09-10-2003, 01:45 AM
I'd say it was a photo repaint -- and I remain unconvinced by this image.

It's nice nonetheless.

Cheers,

J

gmask
09-10-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by gagn
Is that Julia Roberts?

I dunno the lips, nose, eyebrows and chin don't match.. just a coincidence but otherwise she does look a little bit like Julia

http://gmaskfx.com/misc/julia_roberts.jpg http://www.cgtalk.com/plugs/THE_GIFT.jpg

psumo
09-10-2003, 03:06 AM
looks great

the hands are amazing

my only comment is that the lighting looks
different from her head to her hands

her head looks 2d while here hand has more depth

I think maybe darkening some shadows and adding
more highlights to her face would improve the picture

igorstshirts
09-10-2003, 03:38 AM
You are a master dude! Kudos to You for doing both hands in such an obvious bright lit pose! Great, Great job... Wow.

BRUTICUS
09-10-2003, 03:46 AM
dude that is totally Britney Spears

Ataru
09-10-2003, 04:31 AM
was this a portrait of someone?

the hands are a bit pudgy. but the work is excellent. :thumbsup:

williamslijp
09-10-2003, 05:54 AM
pretty good,but I dont like her hands. Looks tooo real, not like a painting

olijosman
09-10-2003, 06:50 AM
and... this is bad?:surprised

williamslijp
09-10-2003, 06:53 AM
that was not I mean, the drawing is PRO but.....
or say this
the head too like a painting.:shame:

olijosman
09-10-2003, 06:54 AM
WOOOOU ,great similarity with julia, certainly!!, but Britney Spears ?? :scream:
and penélope cruz? (PEEEEEEEEEDROOOOOO):wavey:

Murtaza
09-10-2003, 06:58 AM
I love it but i don't understand why you would put more emphasis on the hands rather then the face. When i say emphasis i mean why the hands look so much more detailed and how the shadows behind the hands make them pop out so much better then the face.

Perhaps a mistake in composition? I don't see why you would want the hands to be the focus of this beautiful painting....

Also, the hands just don't fit the face imo. She has great delicate looking features, i don't understand why you would give her man hands. I hope you watch Seinfeld to get that :D

Just my 2cents

Incredible work either way :buttrock: I especially love the lighting!

StealthPharaoh
09-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by olijosman

you can find other drawings mine in the gallery: MISHKA, GORUSH, WEN-KIDO-YIN
thanks for the interest!!:thumbsup: [/B]

where..i still can't find them..:shrug:

i click on galeria..then i see a couple of links..none of them takes me to your work..:annoyed:

olijosman
09-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Day-Dreamer: I recommend the oil painting. I have worked with oil paint and is very coway, it is easy to mix the colors, and you can alter painting above.
I use to dilute the painting perfumed dissolvent
it is not as shining as the oil, but dry more quickly!!
good work!!:applause:

olijosman
09-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Stealth Pharaoh: http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/MISHKA1.jpg

http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/WEN-KIDO-YIN.jpg

;)

Blackarts
09-10-2003, 07:46 AM
This looks a bit wierd to me. It looks like a bunch of different photo elements comp'd together and painted over??....and to me the end result doesn't all jive together.

Reminds me of the man-hands seinfield episode.

scroll-lock
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
uaauuuu, that`s so real!!! :) amazing work !!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

MedusasHead
09-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Oh boy... I think some people on CG Talk could be standing in the sixtinian chapel and still find lots of things to crit ;)
It`s true that nothing on earth is perfect, but sometimes you are just overdoing it. Or does this mean that you are only surrounded by completely perfect-looking dreamlike women?
The hands that you are critizising so eagerly don`t match the "feminine hands" cliché, that`s true. But does it make sense to critizise something just because it`s not matching the cliché that you have in your head? :shrug: Technically it`s just perfect, I think the rest is a matter of taste, nothing more.

unwrap
09-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Amazingly realistic. Only her fingers seem to be too short.

Ganimed
09-10-2003, 11:38 AM
I´m in love !!:love: :love:
Where can i meet this wonderfull lady?!

regards

Ganimed

behzad
09-10-2003, 01:57 PM
As mentioned above the hand is a bit off. I do not mind the fingers, The wrist and the forearm is where it is too thick. But I am sure this being a 2d drawing, you will not go back and change it. So leave it as it is, I am still waiting for a reference material.

TseTse
09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
technically amazing... but something very disturbing and "fake" about it... perhaps due to how the elements come together.

feels like an old catholic-inspired painting, turned into photoshopped part-man, part-woman in bed spread with julia robert's face slapped on at the last minute. sorry.

but like i said, it's technically astounding and captivating.

just that, the little elements of "inconsistency" really add up... to making me THINK it is a fake and weird. (i hope that is clear, cuz i do not actually think he's done something wrong)

:hmm:

it FEELS like a photoshopped image based on a Mary statue. i truly love that style, but the little inconsitencies in lighting/detail make me too aware.

Is-boset
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Genial !, el drapeado y el cabello se ven espectaculares, un muy buen trabajo, algún día quisiera pintar así.

paultheplumber
09-10-2003, 03:07 PM
The disturbing part is where the arms are coming from. It looks like there is a guy under that sheet she is wraped in, with his arm sticking out. Both arms look like they are coming off of someone else, in different lighting conditions. Not just because they look like man arms, but because of the direction of them and the locations of her shoulders. They just don't match up. The over-all effect is disturbing.

I assume this stems form varried reference material put together, so they are someone else's arms. The job of the painter is to hide that, so the viewers don't know.

The closer you get to photorealism in the rendering, the more dead on the anatomy has to be. Anything less sticks out like a sore thumb. (Or puffy arm...)

A painter of this skill level has heard much harsher crits than any found in this thread. How is olijosman going to grow as an artist if no one tells him when something is out of whack?

Noodlz
09-10-2003, 03:35 PM
great work, reminds me of Da Vinci's Mona Lisa in a way.. its pure genius but the overall effect is rather disturbing, perhaps it was meant to be this way, better than a generic perfecto art piece

palomaya
09-10-2003, 03:37 PM
MedusasHead:

I'm really glad to read a comment full of common sense!!

Of course there's nothing "completely perfect" on earth (as you said), but in front of a work that approaches to be a masterpiece it would be logic that the comments were made concentrating -above all- on the MANY positive aspects instead of searching desperately for details to crit.
:shame:

I think it's good discussing also the supposed "defects" of other's work, but only if the purpose is learning and interchanging knowledges and experience for everyone's profit, not just criticizing. :)

Best regards!! :wavey:

Pinky_Powers
09-10-2003, 05:22 PM
This is some of the greatest work I have ever seen!!! Sooooo real!! So beautiful!!

The only thing I can see that I dislike, is her hands. They are quite UNfeminin. They look like they belong to a three hundred pound 5' 4 man. It really makes the image hard to look at. But other than her "Man Hands" this is unbelievable work.

:beer:

paconavarro
09-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Ke trabajo mas impresionante, en verdad que admiro tu paciencia y constancia. Felicidades supongo que este lo vas a mandar al Expose 2 cuando abran la convocatoria ;)

Me encantaria que visitaras mi foro seria un verdadero HONOR tener tu opinion y experiencia ahi:

http://www.metacube.com.mx/forum

Saludos desde México.

Draco-84
09-10-2003, 07:23 PM
I agree about the fingers...
But even though they don't really look like a woman's hands they are still great hands...and the cloth is superb!!

Well done! :thumbsup:

olijosman
09-10-2003, 08:45 PM
http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/SHEMAN.jpg

;)

Draco-84
09-10-2003, 08:47 PM
HA AH AH AHA!!!
YES!
Now that's funny!

RuneV
09-10-2003, 09:29 PM
heheh,, thats how criticisem are well taken! :beer:

SimonReeves
09-10-2003, 10:36 PM
hehe classy.. :thumbsup:

ZeroNeuro
09-10-2003, 10:36 PM
oh gods be... lol! I dont care if you used a photo referance of a famous person now or not.. haha

Cheers

New
09-10-2003, 10:45 PM
It´s awesome. You are a great artist, I haven´t doubted. ;)

samhodge
09-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Awesome picture

but she has mans hands, are you sure she isnt a cross dresser

:buttrock:

Sam

siquier
09-11-2003, 01:04 AM
You have do it again... I admire your quality. I stand up and I give you my applause. :applause: :applause:

ZVAN
09-11-2003, 10:35 AM
what!?!? it's too photorealistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heh, i mean is too... good! to be photorealistic! huh? oh IT"S GREAT WORK!!!!!!! BABY!!!!:hmm: :scream:

bigshape
09-11-2003, 03:22 PM
uauuuuuuuuuu

I love her!! She's a REAL woman, with such muscled and hairy hands, so ideal for massaging any back... And such a virile tatoo on her biceps!!! Uummmmm...
I can't help dreaming of her every minute!!

(he, he, he, he...)

I really don't know what I admire most of you, whether your magnificent skills or your great sense of humour!!

WELL DONE, MAN!!! :thumbsup:

LittleFenris
09-11-2003, 03:29 PM
wow, this looks almost like a photo. :eek: :drool:

koroko
09-11-2003, 04:31 PM
I like your last drawing, but doesnt she has boy hands??? ;)

jur...

olijosman
09-11-2003, 07:18 PM
thanks again!
your attention is my gift :thumbsup:

and careful with the lady of the necklaces!! my precioussss....
;)

olijosman
09-11-2003, 08:48 PM
answer in Spanish for PACONAVARRO

Gracias por tus comentarios y tu invitación
Casualmente ya soy miembro de metacube, pero desgraciadamente dispongo de poco tiempo para atender a varios foros.Quien sabe, quizas nos veamos pronto!! Un placer!!:thumbsup:

Vesuvando
09-12-2003, 07:01 AM
http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/SHEMAN.jpg

lol.

But for the Gift.
:banghead: why hands like this ?
A such technical painter should not make a mistake about anatomy , is it ?
Look at her shoulders , her arms , her neck , her hands.
(and hands are a photo ?? zoom them , incredible skin painting !!)
You're starting from photos.
Finally , the whole is not plausible.
I say this only because you're looking for photorealism.

I wouldn't be able to do 1% of what you did.
So respect.
You knew that posting it would make a hot thread , isn't it ?
You deserve stars , but for me no award.
(and I am not an administrator...)
Post something more plausible and then you're a master a it.
(great expression on her face)

Finally not my taste at all,but :wip: more you're on the way.
:)

ifo
09-12-2003, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vesuvando
[B]lol.

You deserve stars , but for me no award.
Can we see any Vesuvando's paint? If you have so hard you must be "the best"... See the work and enjoy, please!! :)

Congratulations oli josman!! I really love this work :love:

blasphemy3_d
09-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Post something more plausible and then you're a master a it. :surprised

oxhido
09-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi jose, first of all congratulations.
this picture IS the best one that i have seen in cgtalk by far.
The perfection of her skin is stunning!!! and her expression makes her real!!! and what can i say of the mantle... WOW!!!

but the best of all is the MISTERY sensation it has. i love it.

thanks for the dedicatory. the gift is to work by your side...:rolleyes:

:buttrock: :buttrock:

sorry for my english

olijosman
09-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes!! that is the essence of the drawing, something beautiful but with something dark and terrible :buttrock:

working with all you I have found the interest to draw again

for that reason the dedication
:beer:

oxhido
09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
yeahhhh dark and terrible jajajaja i like it, dude!!!!

black is my colour, darkness my name jajajaja you know, man!!

te veo el lunes tron!!!

NSYaction
09-14-2003, 08:20 AM
so cool, i like this style:beer:

Vesuvando
09-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Ok I have to apologize.
I didn't want to be hard.
It was just my opinion.
But my english is not so so good , so sometimes I can't express myself with the right word.
Excuse me olijosman.

ifo :
""""You deserve stars , but for me no award.
....... Can we see any Vesuvando's paint? If you have so hard you must be "the best"... See the work and enjoy, please!! """""

As I have said before I would not be able to do 1% of what olijosman did. (technicaly REALLY good , and her expression is heaven)
So :bowdown:
But hey can't anyone see that the anatomy is not that perfect ?
Rather than looking only her face , take a look at the rest.
(neck , position of the head , shoulders , arms , hands)
If I am the only one to see this then forgive me.

blasphemy3_d :
""""Post something more plausible and then you're a master a it.""""

I wanted to say: Post something like this ,with an anatomy that is believable (shoulders , neck , hands...again only me is seeing this) and then it's the final fireworks !!!

I am not a man that like to destroy.
I just wanted to say that,for me,having such wonderful painting skills , and have such 'errors' is a little waste.
This painting is near perfection ,if there was not these...

:annoyed:
And maybe I am totally wrong so I shut my mouth.
(as we say in french : "think seven times before opening it")
Hey everybody :
:beer: !!!!!

:wavey:

HOON
09-14-2003, 10:18 AM
absolutely beautiful rendering. hands are nicely placed and the details on various accessaries and attires are great. very nicely done.

carisman
09-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Hi olijosman!!
nice to see you (and your work,hehe)
this picture its incredible, like your other works.

I show this picture to Javi(do you remember, it's my companion of the short of woodcutter!!) and the first thig that he said is that the left hand its perfect(in spanish: me dijo segun lo vio que la mano de abajo del todo le parecia simplemente perfecta tio).

good work(allways)

P.S: cuando termine el examen que tengo que hacer os ire a visitar, que os he traido una chorrada de Japon para que las tengais por ahy.

Carisman.
:D

olijosman
09-14-2003, 12:26 PM
it´s a pleasure!
I hope to see the animation
short !!:beer:
and your gift of Japan,of course!!;)

Devilsnok
09-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Hola Tio,

Pues nada, esta de puta madre, me recuerda un poco a Bouguereau.

Felecidades tio.

olijosman
09-16-2003, 06:44 AM
thank you very much!!:buttrock:

I have seen your Web site!! :thumbsup:

kanotson
09-16-2003, 11:25 AM
:applause: :applause: :wip: :applause:

Impressive, the hands and clothes...uff, i don't know how to make them so real without exact references. The face is also technically perfect, although i prefer that on one of the images of the process, it seems more beauty to me (personal preferences).

Ah, soy Javi, un saludooool (me paseaba por este foro y me encontré con este dibujo juajua)...A ver si hago algo y lo posteo, que me he picao!

olijosman
09-16-2003, 11:42 AM
previously she had greater eyes and lips .More expressive but less realist.
Thanks, and "un saludo" too!!:beer:

JoseMRV
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Es la imagen más acojonante que he visto en mi vida. Yo me daria con un canto en los dientes con solo poder modelar así de bien la tela. Un OLE muy grande.

khaleghi
09-18-2003, 12:34 PM
that`s very very nice drawing I have seen yet.:drool:
so amazing :love:

olijosman
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM
very many thanks!!;)

fighter
09-19-2003, 08:56 AM
I love that work!
May be her fingers are small?

olijosman
09-19-2003, 08:58 AM
may be... ;)

StealthPharaoh
09-19-2003, 01:41 PM
Stealth Pharaoh: http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/MISHKA1.jpg

http://www.iespana.es/josmanoli/WEN-KIDO-YIN.jpg

;)

by the way,thanks for the links..very cool work..though i was hopping for more photorealstic work by u..
u should definatly do more photorealstic work..because u're pretty good at that..
and just a question..did u study fine arts or illustration in a school before and how old are u..
anyways..looking forward for more artwork by u..:)

olijosman
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
I studied arts, illustration specialization .(4 years and a year the final project) 2 years of traditional animation.

my first image in cgtalk:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74618

I am 30 years old!:surprised but conserved very well !!:p

soon my web site will be working!!

lildragon
09-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Aside from the hands that have been mentioned numerous times, (long and slender, long and slender) it's a stunning piece, both in artistry and subject matter ;) Love the jewelry

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Awespiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_sept03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

olijosman
09-22-2003, 07:32 PM
thanks!:eek: ;)

facial
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Really nice work. i really love this work.
Sooooo lively. :D

BRUTICUS
10-15-2003, 01:22 PM
I still think she looks almost exactly like Britney ;)

olijosman
10-15-2003, 10:09 PM
jajajajjaaja!! OOOPS!! I did it again!!:cool:

Climax
10-24-2003, 11:39 PM
congratulations!
the hands look very well done, but i have the feeling u used a child as model

cyrenevjacob
11-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Beautiful face! But She looks like she's a shorty cos her hands are very round and 'mannish'! Would prefer longer and softer hands...maybe she's a washer woman!?!! Beautiful work man!

GFX-Arts
11-28-2003, 05:28 PM
really great work :)

solbraver
11-28-2003, 05:42 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Holy crap! this is ****ing amazing!!!Totally awesome!!

no critics! screw Rembrant!!!!

olijosman
11-28-2003, 06:29 PM
really thanks....again!!:)

ifo
11-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Have you any work in progress now?? I really love your work guy!!
:bounce:

olijosman
11-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeeeeaaa...!! I have works in progress!! too many ideas and just a short time!!:buttrock:

olijosman
11-29-2003, 09:44 PM
your you can see an advance in this direction:

http://www.nibbledpencil.com/pruebas/image.php?image=WORKING.jpg

gavinneil
11-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Looks like a Tranny ;)

olijosman
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Tranny? who is she?:eek:

shaftoe
12-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Its a tremendous image. Life-like because not all female hands are long and slender. I love the flesh tones!

olijosman
12-17-2003, 11:14 PM
really thanks for your commentary.

stella_fu
03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
It was amazingly good art, so detailed!

The only part is slightly disappointed is her
hands , her fingers should be slightly long
and thiner, more feminine :p

Yeah, it is still a very good image:applause:

ArtManiac76
03-17-2004, 09:48 PM
You have done it again! This is perfect! You are a great artist! :bowdown:

amola2k
03-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Wow .. what do i have to say...
Amazing piece of art !!
Cheers

josefelixtovar
08-04-2004, 01:48 PM
no me gusran las manos de tu imagen ero el reto de la esena esta exelente
:eek: :) :thumbsup:

CGSisdead
08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't know why exactly, but it reminds me somehow of DaVinci's Mona Lisa.
Maybe it's the pose...it has some similarity. The Hands do look a little bit off
for this woman, like many others already said.
But alltogether this is a fine piece of work. I don't remember having yet seen a painting of a person such as photorealistic as yours. I'm absolutely astonished by your work.
I always wonder how long it takes to create such a painting. How long did it take you to do this?

cheers,
Michael

cgman.no.1
08-05-2004, 01:07 AM
hello very good

olijosman
08-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Sorry,I do not know how long, is an old drawing made in small short whiles.
josefelixtovar, I like the hands, and that is the important thing:)

triababe
08-07-2004, 08:33 PM
wow. I am truly jealous. I've progressed from stick people to ummm.... interesting sketches but I've not reached the point of drawings like that. sigh....

triababe
08-07-2004, 08:36 PM
That is some awesome work. I've progressed from stick people to ummm... more interesting sketches but I haven't reached the skill of awesome myself.

triababe
08-07-2004, 08:37 PM
New to the board and haven't quite posted 5 msgs. yet ... consequently... double posted on this one. sorry.

olijosman
08-07-2004, 08:39 PM
nonproblem:) and thanks!

techart
08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
incredible work man,saw your site..awesome work you have...love the care you have for details and atmosphere you build arround the characters.the best. :applause: :applause: :applause:

my threads:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=159796
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157874
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=146589
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=146109&page=3&pp=15
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56228
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=152149
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=152145

Angua
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
I really love this piece, been on your web site too and all I can say is - great work, man !

Contrary to most of the opinions I must say that I think these perticular hands give the character identity, after all imperfection creates a true realistic character.
Can't wait to see more of you. :)

backdoor
08-11-2004, 07:36 PM
awsome!!!:eek:
she´s perfect!!

JohnnyRandom
08-11-2004, 11:54 PM
did you say drew? as in pen and ink? very impressive:)

artist71
08-12-2004, 08:49 PM
You are my#1 favorite artist in the CG community....followed by Craig Mullins and Justin Kaufman (coro) Love your work!!

fish1573
08-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Great !!So nice !!
I'm very like it!

olijosman
08-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Tremendous honor, artist71.Really thanks!

guereja_1
08-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Wow, a true work of art. Great job. My only comment is that perhaps the hands look a bit boyish, like for a 6 year old boy. They arent really long and trim like a woman's. Maybe you want to check into that. But other than that its very good.

hey! i have short stubby fingers! back off! lol.

jose, it looks AMAZING!

i'm ALWAYS impressed.

de donde eres?

olijosman
08-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks guereja_1. I´m from Spain

shyamshriram
04-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Yummy :) very very sweet work Sir ! hats off !

olijosman
04-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Really thanks, shyamshriram :)

teety
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
woooowoooo goo:eek: d

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.