PDA

View Full Version : April's Animation Mini-Challenge

Splinter
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Animation Mini-Challenge: April

Its April 1, 2010 that means we are going to start the new challenge. First off I would like to say congratulations to everyone who completed their animation and made the deadline. The entries look great and I can’t wait to see who makes it into the “Winner’s” Circle.

This month we will have an opportunity to choose from two different projects. If you like you can choose to animate to the audio clip provided, or the non-audio topic that was chosen in a previous poll. The poll closed out with a three-way tie, so I have chosen the topic we’ll be using. In the poll for next month’s topic I’ll bring back the other two topics for us to vote on.

The Pantomime topic for the month of April is:
Kid getting out of school for summer break

The rules for the Pantomime challenge will remain the same

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. All animations should last at least 10 seconds long, that way there will be more clarity with what is going on.
3. All animations should last NO longer than 12 Seconds.
4. Title your thread using this format: Pantomime:April_YourName
5. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
6. DO NOT add any audio.
7. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

The Audio Clip (Here (http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/shaunofthedead/zombies.mp3)) Note: R-Click the link then save link as… to download the audio clip.
Shaun of the Dead

Ed:"Any zombies out there?"
Shaun:"Don't say that!"
Ed:"What?"
Shaun:"That!"
Ed:"What?!"
Shaun:"That! The Z word! Don't say it!"
Ed:"Why not?!"
Shaun:"Because it's ridiculous!"
Ed:"Alright! Are there any out there though?"

Rules for the Audio clip are as follows:

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. Title your thread using this format: Audio:April_YourName
3. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
4. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.