PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Animation Studios

Nicholas-Silveira
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Moonlight Animation Studios is an upcoming 3D studio. Please take a look a our first showreel and check out our newest projects.

Studio Reel
http://moonlight-reel.blogspot.com/

Delucubus
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey, so you've got a pretty wide range of work in there, some of it is really great. I've got a few comments though, they might sound a bit harsh but I think there's a lot of potential in there.

Some shots fall really short of the others. I think you guys should go through and really be honest with yourselves about what you want people to see. You want to impress people, and only show your best work, if some of the shots don't match up, don't include it.

The other thing I'd be really careful about putting in there are test renders, shots with free models, or flat shaded models. Those start to make it feel like a student reel. Even if this is your companies first reel you don't want people to even question that. You want to make prospective clients think you've done this a long time and that you are pros.

One last thing, it might be a personal thing but I don't like how you put every one's name by their shots. It makes it feel less like a company reel, and more like a reel of a bunch of people that put their work together. Also, it makes it seem like you had to make sure every one got included, when some people's work was definitely better than others. And going back to what I said earlier, you should only include your best work as a COMPANY.

So, don't take any of that the wrong way, you guys have some great work in there and with some honest editing you guys could have a polished reel. Good luck.

GoldenCamel
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
if you're serious about projecting a professional company image, i'd suggest you get your own domain name and site instead of a blogspot address

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.