PDA

View Full Version : A Special Gift - Short Film

willhoag
03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Here (http://www.willhoag.com/aspecialgift) is my short film A Special Gift (http://www.willhoag.com/aspecialgift).

URL: http://www.willhoag.com/aspecialgift

Please let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it!

usonStudio
04-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Really good characters. Also a simple but funny story. Maybe I don't like the colour, too soft to me. Congrats.

endi2
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
perfect realization of a very good idea

willhoag
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Awesome! I'm glad you liked it!

uson3d I agree with you about the color. I was going for a certain look, but I think the execution was sloppy. I think my time constraint was a big factor as well. The tablecloth is way to dark and the orange coloring is both not quite right and over-saturated at times. In my next short I'll be giving color much more attention. Good observation.

Thanks for the comments! I'd love to hear more. Anyone else have any thoughts?

This was my first attempt at a short film. I think there are many areas it could be improved and I wish to learn from them. A sincere thanks and best wishes.

airun71
04-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Very nice, simple but well conceived.
Maybe a bit more vivid colors would make it even more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Michael5188
04-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I really loved this!

Only thing that felt off was his reaction at the end, I'd like to see him a little more surprised by the ring dropping in. I mean that's pretty remarkable!

But great short, very well done!

GoldenCamel
04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Very nice! probably the best film out of SCAD that I've seen so far. Art direction and character design were great, animation could use a lot more exaggeration. Facial expression on both of them could be pushed way more. A good idea for the ending would have been, he sees the ring dropped in her glass, goes very surprised and happy at the same time but tries to stay composed and not show his surprise in front of the girl, as if he knew it was going to be there all along.

*After watching it another time, and as far as your animation skills, I'd suggest to work on your acting and pantomime.

good luck

Qwertyjuice
04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Firstly congratulations on completing your short and getting it noticed in all those festivals. You did a great job!

I like the proportions of the character very much and the simple style of the backgrounds.
I love how the 3d elements become flat and that you've ran it like a dream sequence.

It's really beautiful. Great job!

willhoag
04-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments and tips. They help me a lot, so very much appreciated! I'm glad everyone liked it. I agree that the expressions could have been pushed a lot more. I was going for subtle, but I don't think I did enough. That's a good thing for me to work on. TY! :buttrock:

Again thanks very much for the comments! Cheers! :beer:

KMcNamara
04-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Nice story! The visuals left a little to be desired, but a very entertaining piece nonetheless!

willhoag
04-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Maytridy: That's great. I'm glad you were entertained! You think the visuals could use a little more? As in more detail. I think they could use more detail and better lighting. It's a bit too simplistic I think.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2010, 12:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.