PDA

View Full Version : Character: Gaea - Inherit of the Sacred Forest

Ikari
09-07-2003, 11:29 PM
huhu

here's a lil work i'm doin together with a friend. in my opinion the eras and the horns need lot of tweaking or even make new ones, but i would like to hear more comments about.

some information:

1100 polygons so far

i'm trying to make a kind of a guardian or demon, and i have a picture in my mind with the finished model. also had modelled the torso but didnt like it so started new one.

all-over work was about 3 hours right now, done in cinema 4d 8.1 with point-by-point modelling
http://people.freenet.de/angeloi/gaeaII.jpg

Ikari
09-09-2003, 09:06 PM
errr....nobody any crits or something? or is it really that bad :cry:

elnady
09-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey Dude nice work
You need to work more on the Lips and Also the ear
May be put some Teeth and stuff in his mouth to look like a demon thats all
Can't wait to see it fineshed:thumbsup:

KingMob
09-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Hey, one of the rules here is to post a wire etc of your work,

Please post a wire soon or I will remove the thread, but I figured I would give you warning first.

As for a crit, I think you should go back to feeling the form, you say you have about 1,100 polies, thats very dense for a still unfinished head, I think if you were to gather some references of human and animals you could better achcieve your goal.

you may want to visit the topology thread in the modeling forum

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38469

It can show how to use a nice poly "cage" to use for making the smooth version.

Keep it up, and get some references, it will help tremendously.

Please follow the forum rules to, and post a wire asap.

Akkalis
09-10-2003, 07:46 AM
This isn't really a comment on the model Per Se, but you said you have an image in your head. Get it down on paper (or a tiff or whatever you are comfortable with) and try and get it into a front and side view. It doesn't have to be pretty, but just the rough idea and build from there. Like where you want the major volumes and shapes. It doesn't have to be pretty or anything, but something you can take in and use as referance, and then refine from the base construction of the mesh as you see fit

It will help you build a cleaner mesh (because you will be putting things where you want them) And it might help with appearance too, because I know I find it hard to rework something once its done, I bet others do too.

If you did sketch it out, ignore the above, but from the way you described your process, you're modelling from your head. I recommend getting the idea roughed out somehow first (paper/tablet is popular, or even a very rough model with primitives).

Anyway, good luck, hopefully it was helpful.

Ikari
09-10-2003, 03:49 PM
PLEASE EDIT AND REFER TO THE RULES ON WHAT TYPE OF WIREFRAMES TO USE, THIS IS HURTING MY EYES -lild

1. big sorry! i somewhat forgot the wireframe :shrug: so here's the link to the unsmothed wireframe including the body

click (http://people.freenet.de/angeloi/gaea.jpg)

2. thanks for your comments and help. i think with your tips i'll start a completly new gaea, this time with more reference material, and i'll have to draw something, like you said. hope will be better then :D

PLEASE EDIT AND REFER TO THE RULES ON WHAT TYPE OF WIREFRAMES TO USE, THIS IS HURTING MY EYES -lild

Akkalis
09-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Also, you might want to take a look at the Joan of Arc Tutorial for mesh topology and stuff, as it is, I don't know if your wire would work well for animation.

I don't have the exact address, but search for "Joan of Arc Tutorial" on google or something, and you'll find it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.