PDA

View Full Version : RPF camera data / Alpha's

maartennauw
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi,

I have imported my rpf camera data from 3dsmax into after effects. I have a 3d box falling out of the air and the camera following it. Now I want some simple light streaks going around the box. But how can I use the alpha information in 3d space? I hope i'm clear and you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot!
Maarten

ronyy
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
hey,

u have 3 choices:

1- on after effects create the streaks (using a light and particular plug in) or (go to www.videocopilot.net) (greatest site for after effects) and (http://www.videocopilot.net) (greatest site for after effects) and) make a mask around the box and animate it or track it, and then copy paste the streaks layer and place one below the box layer and one above it,

2- you can animate its path by making the streaks layer a 3D layer on ae and then animating it with depth (change the views and use the top to go behind the box layer),

3- u can make it using 3ds max by creating a simple object and making it an emitter using PFlow and giving it the path that u want around the box.

Hope it was helpfull...

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.