PDA

View Full Version : How to control goalV attribute

Irakli
03-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi guys!
I want to control goalV attribute of my particle system. The particles goal is the curve and in goalU I've plugged ramp. So the goalU attribute is driven by the ramp. How to control goal V? Of course the curve doesn't have V direction but somehow is possible to animate particles in Y axis too. Actualy I want to give a little chaotic movement to particles but they must maintain curve's trajectory.

Irakli
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
The problem solved. I've added turbulence field and reduced goal weight. But I still wonder if there is some way to controll goalV with expression.
If somebody want see the result here is the scene

Wick3dParticle
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey Irakli,
This may not produce as random results as your turbulence fields, but try adding something like this in runtime:

yourParticle.goalOffset = dnoise(<) * noise(time + (id + 150)) * 5 ;
yourParticle.position += <<0, noise(time + (id + 150)) * 5, 0>> ;

Something along those line to randomize the goal offset.

Hope that helps,

~Ilan

Irakli
04-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks Wick3dParticle !
Actualy I was looking something like this expression. It works. I've changed it a little , I removed dnois function from first line,particle offset.

Wick3dParticle
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Actually, I was typing this so fast at work, that it looks like I deleted part of the expression while typing. I meant to type it like this:

yourParticle.goalOffset = dnoise(<< id, id +100, id * 10>>) * noise(time + (id + 150)) * 5 ;
yourParticle.position += <<0, noise(time + (id + 150)) * 5, 0>> ;

Glad you got it figured out!

~Ilan

Irakli
04-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Wick3dParticle
Thanks!!!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2010, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.