PDA

View Full Version : Weird ocean Reflection

alibaba
03-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Hey guys ~
I want a reflection of the ocean, but after rendering, the reflection seems very strange.Looking at the distance place of the sea, there are many small sharp particles which looks very unnatural,How could I get rid of those nasty particles! Any good suggetstions?~ ~
Thanks
Best regards

Aikiman
03-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Check the horizon filter on the ocean shader normally clears up this problem.

alibaba
03-30-2010, 05:40 AM
Thank you, Aikiman
horizon filter does not seem to get rid of the sea noise, when I will be horizon filter is set to 5, near the sea began to change the details of less. The distant noise is still not diminished. When I horizon filter is set to 50, the details of the sea near basically flattened, and the distant noise was there.
I use samplerInfo connect ramp to influence ocean shader of Reeflectivity, to reduce a little noise. But the rendering animation will produce flicker, mentalray rendering do not have this problem, but the rendering is too slow, I had to choose the default renderer. On this issue there is a better solution?
Cheers

Aikiman
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Does this look okay to you? I opened your scene and did a straight render.

efecto
03-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Weird. I downloaded the scene and my render doesn't have the same problem as you are experiencing. machine spec issue?

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2010, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.