PDA

View Full Version : animation: character: weight exercise

jeandenis
09-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi again,

I changed the ending of my weight exercise, let me know what you think:

"Weight Exercise" (http://www.jeandenis.net/Animation/Letitsnow.mov)

Thanks a lot for the previous fast feedback
Jean-Denis

P.S.: all done in Maya

themonke
09-07-2003, 09:38 PM
that's really nice, much better ending than the last one, but I think that there should be a stumbling block at the ramp since it is a bit of a ledge, try making him just fall when the suitcase hits the front of the ramp and then he gets mad and pulls so hard that he really deserves the fall in the dumpster

jeandenis
09-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Good idea, thanks!

You guys are fast with feedback, that's great!

Jean-Denis

mehdianim
09-08-2003, 12:28 AM
I like the idea of showing the luggage tosser. I like everything except at the end: i think he is a little too fast dragging the suitcase considering how heavy it's supposed to be. He should start much slower and speed up as he goes so he can tear off the handle at the end.
Fun to watch anyway.

snot_nose
09-08-2003, 12:32 AM
that's really really grate. i love it
I really like all his poses.

now for the critics:
i think when he runs with the heavy suit case it suddenly looks like it's light so maybe give it some more fast-in in the begining, like start slow and become faster.
also maybe give it some more anticipation before he starts to run.

hercanic
09-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Dear jeandenis:
Nice. When he points both fingers at the truck in his victory dance, he stops all motion, and without any secondary actions from him he suddenly seems very dead to the viewer, which is ashame since you went to all the trouble of doing the toss and celebration in the first place. Also, when he's going to pull the suitcase into the truck, try building some anticipation by having him tug on it a few times to turn it. And his acceleration should probably be slowed just a bit, but overall it's good.

jeandenis
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok, here's the update, let me know what you think:

"Weight exercise" (http://www.jeandenis.net/Animation/Letitsnow.mov)

Thanks in advance
Jean-Denis

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.