PDA

View Full Version : copy ncloth attribute from one object to others

rpaynter
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm using ncloth to create 20+ papers floating to determined final position ( a pile).

I have create a single poly, added ncloth and changed attributes to make it move the way i want . Now I have imported my model consisting of 20+ other objects (sheets of paper). I would like to copy the ncloth I created on the one poly to all of these. Sounds simple but I'm newish and can't figure it out.

I need help.
Please.

efecto
03-30-2010, 08:01 AM
you could save the nCloth setting to a preset then apply the preset to new nCloth you make.

noticeus
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
just save your nCloth settings as a preset (in the attribute editor on the upper right side there are two buttons focus and under that presets). there you can save your settings.

import your other papers. for faster simulation you can combine them all into one mesh and turn this into nCloth. then use the preset button again to load your preset on the new nCloth node.

john_homer
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
for faster simulation you can combine them all into one mesh and turn this into nCloth. then use the preset button again to load your preset on the new nCloth node.

fyi, that was fixed in 2010 not so much of an advantage as it used to be.
and you cant use rigidity.. if you were.. not that I'm saying you should... ever..

;)

.j

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.