PDA

View Full Version : The best GRAPHIC DESIGN SCHOOL in New York?

R1BS
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Good day guys.

Im jay, and we just moved here in Bronx. I just graduated BS Nursing, but my passion has always been into design and visual communication. I planned to study in a Graphic design school here in NY, Ive researched about it. And I just want to ask some advice from you if these schools that Ive found are appealing to you.

Pratt Institute
Parsons
RIT
Art Institute of NY

But my first choice is Pratt Institute because I see their course outline as very relevant and compact http://www.pratt.edu/academics/degre...ic_design_aos/. I plan to have an associate degree (2 year course) since I am already 21y.o.

Would you be so kind enough to help me about this? On what school would be so relevant and offers quality education here in New York.

Thank you so much. Help would be so much appreciated.
God bless

taxguy
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Both Pratt and RIT are very good choices. Also consider SVA.

PurpleCONeS
04-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I finishing up my 5th year at Hunter Colllege. Only getting a BA in Media Studies. Did a few internship with the City as a Desktop Tech and programmer but I've always been driven to animation. I'm really considering going to one of the schools you mentions. I looked into SVA and Film academy, but I'm hearing lots of negative stuff for both of them. Let me know what you decided to do, it's nice to know that someone is in a similar situation as me :-).

Cheers

xpertboy
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm finishing up my 3rd undergraduate year at Pratt right now in Industrial Design, and I can tell you it's got one of the best programs in the entire country for what you want to do in graphic design. I originally came in as a transfer from Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Arts, and had to do a portfolio review. I'm not 100 percent sure if they'd require you to do a portfolio review for a 2 year associates, but please double check on their website. In terms of culture and environment, Pratt in Clinton Hill , Brooklyn has it all. The food, the people, and Manhattan is just a quick train ride away. Still weigh your options with the other schools, but I can only speak for Pratt. Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.