PDA

View Full Version : Seamless Texturing using 3dsMax Render to Texture

lildragon
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Hiya peeps, I recently did a video tutorial on how to paint out ugly seams using 3dsMax's render to texture and Photoshop "patch tool" Enjoy! And if you have any questions or requests I'll be happy to assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-maHIFYhb0

~t

Hvit_Ravn
03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
great tutorial! :)

Bonahe
03-30-2010, 02:05 AM
AMAZING! this will help me greatly with my textured, reped.

olivierc
03-30-2010, 12:14 PM
wow that's cool little trick, never thought of using render to texture for that (actually never thought of using it for anything but extracting ambient occlusion). I still believe that trying to get as few seams as possible and trying to hide them in folds ans such remains important because this trick, while really cool, is a bit complex and time consuming. I mean, you don't want to repeat that 20 times for a single character (because as far as I understood, you must do that one region at a time)

lildragon
03-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah it's definitely not the most elegant of ways to attack the problem, but meh it works :) Though I can say I'm anxiously looking forward to Max's 2011 viewport canvas. Looks like seams and such will be a thing of the past very soon.

~t

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2010, 01:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.