PDA

View Full Version : blow the ballon

king21
03-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi there,

I have an interesting project which is kinda urgent. I have to blow up an balloon from empty to full.

Does anybody have suggestions how to achieve that?

Thanks allot.

Jure

aghawa
03-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi!
The pressure setting in nCloth is what you're looking for ;)
Keyframe that, and your balloon will grow up from an empty state

Edit: Attached the example. Open that (Maya 2010 file, if youre on 2009 or earlier, in the open settings, check on "Ignore Version") and see the nCloth properties. I just used a preset and keyframed the "pump pressure" attribute ;)
Hope it's useful
Cheers

Hoggmeiser
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi king21!

I agree with aghawa, that's a very easy setup to create.

You could also try just a series of blend shapes if you like. Just maybe create a poly that looks like an empty balloon, then partially inflated, and finally full, then tween them together with keyframes -- but like I said, I'd go with aghawa!

Good luck!
-Kyle

king21
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for reply guys, but this makes the growing so even i want more like a u know air going in some parts grow before than others.

I will keep triing i have an idea to try to fill it with n particles and get the shape that way.

Will keep you posted.

nathansims100
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
just use soft body goal shapes

Als
03-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Use texture map on some of the properties (like streching or bending) with little differences, or add additional constrains.

Als

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2010, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.