PDA

View Full Version : Hair or nCloth, for hair?

misterwolfy
03-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Looking to make a fairly low resolution hair poly mesh for human female. I want the hair to flow and bounce in a relatively convincing manner. Should I use nCloth, or hair (attach the mesh to a few hair strands)? Any tutorial links?

Thanks for reading.

Wolfy

tpalamar
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I think nCloth would provide you with a simpler setup. Sorry, no tutorials.

aghawa
03-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Here is a very basic and stupid nCloth setup, but should get you started.
Basically, turn the hair mesh into ncloth, right click on mesh->paint->per vertex->input attract[option box]. Here you paint your mesh per-vertex input attract. Black is NO input attract (full ncloth), white is FULL input attract (follow the original mesh animation).
The theory is, paint white the base of the hair (the part attached to the head) so it will follow the head, paint the rest black (with smooth gradients if you can) so it'll be nCloth-driven.
Then, in the nCloth properties, rise up the Input Attract value (usually 1 is good, but you can go higher if you feel you need to).
Attached is an example file.
Ah, if you use per-vertex input attract, make sure that in the dynamic map properties of the ncloth, under input attrack, you use "Per-Vertex" instead of a Texture (of course, you can also paint a texture for major precision if your hair is low poly).
Hope this will be of help
Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2010, 03:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.