PDA

View Full Version : AE rendering problem

scottN
03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm trying to render out this project with photoshop layers in it, however when I view the render the photoshop images have been replaced with solids. I don't have proxies enabled, 8bpc, rendering to quicktime, and I'm confused as hell. I can supply a screen shot of the 'before' and a render of the 'after' if anyone needs to see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Mylenium
03-29-2010, 06:43 AM
I can supply a screen shot of the 'before' and a render of the 'after' if anyone needs to see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Please do. And also provide info on what effects, layer styles and settings you use. I have a feeling that you are seeing a conflict of OpenGL vs. effects, layer Styles vs. effects or non-MP-safe effects vs. the rest of the world... Something like that for sure.

Mylenium

ediris
03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm trying to render out this project with photoshop layers in it, however when I view the render the photoshop images have been replaced with solids. I don't have proxies enabled, 8bpc, rendering to quicktime, and I'm confused as hell. I can supply a screen shot of the 'before' and a render of the 'after' if anyone needs to see what I'm talking about. Thanks.
You might have an older version of AE,i remember you had to convert the layer effects applied to the layer to be visible otherwise it will come out as solid into your comp.

Edgard

scottN
03-29-2010, 07:46 AM
no that isnt it; i have the cs4 production package :( thanks though...

haha just figured it out - apparently 16bpc is not kosher with my photoshop files and thats what was screwing it up.

Thanks for the vested interest though everyone, I'm glad I can seek help from the almighty forums whenever I hit a wall :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2010, 07:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.