PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic's relationship to nDynamics

ronviers
03-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Does nDynamics replace dynamics or is it an extension? What are the things that old dynamics are best suited for? Which is faster?

Thanks

Aikiman
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
nParticles replaces old particles. The only reason Maya has both I believe is that there are still addressing some bugs and studios may have existing scenes using the old system. You can do a lot more with nParticles now through the interface without needing to write complex expressions like self attract, stickiness, force field etc plus the ability to simulate water using a SPH solver. Its far from perfect but AD will keep building on it and perfect it eventually if Duncan has his way. Another great thing about nParticles is nCache and all its caching abilities not to mention being able to retime the cache which personally I think is cool.

Also because nParticles is part of nucleus its interacts easily with nCloth. And...but wait theres more, there are some great additions to Maya 2011 like instance rotations based on colllisons and particle to fluid emission ( which I can only assume is nParticles ).

Hope that helps.

ronviers
03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
That helped a lot - thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.