PDA

View Full Version : Short Movie - Space Sheep

marcel84
03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Hello Everybody..

After a lot of time, hard working and dedication I could finish my first short movie:

http://www.marcelpontes.com/SpaceSheep/cartaz.jpg (http://www.spacesheep.com.br)

http://www.spacesheep.com.br

Couldn't watch it?
Alternative Link (http://www.vimeo.com/10494345)

I hope you like it.

All comments and opinions will be supportive, I really want to have a feedback from you guys.

Thanks for watching.

ivanisavich
03-28-2010, 04:19 AM
The video is not working. There's a black screen and nothing loads.

I'd suggest providing a download link as it is often aggravating trying to watch videos on peoples' custom flash/shockwave players.

marcel84
03-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Hey Tyson...

I apreciate your advise man, I've done some tests but I couldn't find the problem and it is working pretty well here. However, as you said it worth using an alternative source, so I've put another link for people to watch it.

Thanks again
Marcel Pontes

carolinasalino
03-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Congrats, Marcel! Realy nice work. I have seen all of your effort put on this project. You did it mostly all by your own. I only helped you with the matte paiting and Arthur with the sound design.

I am sure this is just a first step. More is to come. I am holding high spectations on you man!

:buttrock:

JoshKirk
03-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Awesome animation and funny concept! I really liked the secondary motion on the ears, was that hand animated? I think you could have added some suspense at the beginning like the alien sheep looking at the countdown clock or looking around in desperation more but thats just me being overly analytical because the rest was so good!

marcel84
03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey Joshua...

I'm really glad that you liked it man.
Answering your question about the ears: Yes I did all the animation by hand and I haven't used any kind of dynamic animation.
About the comment: I agree man, after all the storyboarding, playblasting and etc I couldn't realise that something was missing. But this is my first experience doing a short movie and its a long way to get master skills.

I really apreciate your critics.

Cheers
Marcel Pontes

Scazzino
03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Nice job Marcel (fixed ;-), :thumbsup:
I liked the characters and rendering style the most.

A little more time to focus on the asteroid graphic would have been nice. The first time I watched it I thought he was showing the sheep his ship landing (since the opening looked like a meteor that he was traveling in), so the ending was a bit confusing for me. The second time I watched it was when I noticed he was showing an asteroid headed for Earth and he was warning the sheep. Then it made much more sense of course! So a bit more time and focus on the asteroid would have been nice. Maybe if that shot of the PDA showed the Earth blowing up or something to differentiate the asteroid from his ship landing from the beginning?

Keep it up! :beer:

marcel84
03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey Michael

I guess you have made a little mistake, I was the movie producer eheheh.
But anyway, thanks for your opinion I'll be more careful on the next one.

JoshKirk
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Haha yes I did not create this awesome short but if anyone wants to give me credit for it I will gladly take it :)

mauropalacios
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Great job here, Marcel! :thumbsup:

It's great to see the effort of you guys, doing this great animation with a team of 3 people only.

The white "dumb" sheep is fantastic, very funny! What I love about short movies, is how you guys can give personality and add roles to characters with only a few seconds.

Congrats to you all!

carolinasalino
04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Mauro

Glad to see you here.

Cheers

marcel84
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Howdy Maureta

Thanks for your comment man, I'm glad you liked it.

See you soon :bowdown:

gauranga108
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Really nice design and overall look and feel.

The animation made me loose interested a bit.

The story wasn't that clear. Still it was funny so I little rework in the story and tweaking the animation a bit this could be really cool short.

keep going.

marcel84
04-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Hye Jake..

Thanks for your sincere comment, I agree with you, the animation can and will be improved and that's why I just started my animation classes at Animation Mentor.

Thanks again :thumbsup:
Marcel

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2010, 03:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.