PDA

View Full Version : matchmoving and depth of field

CinematicFusion
03-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm about to do a 30 second spot and have been doing research of combining 3d effects into live action.

Have a few questions.

1. Is it unwise to shoot with a shallow depth of field if later adding cgi effects. Should I just blur the backgrond in post?

2. Do I need to shoot at 50 fps with a fast shutter speed to get a nice sharpness for a good track?

I don't want to shoot something and then I can't track in in post.

What do you guys do when shooting live action and then adding cgi later?

slayer111
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi dude :
in my opinion,it is impossible to shoot 50 fps shutter,just make sure your program standard,25 or 24 of 29.97fps, as a normal shoot
be attition plz, do not use the rolling shutter model, cause it will mess your matchmoving up.

CinematicFusion
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the advice!

So is it better to simulate a shallow depth of field in post or shoot with a shallow dof and then hope you have a few trackable objects in the shot and then applying that move to a bunch of hand made digital markers.

Which is easier...seems like blurring in post but maybe I'm making tracking a shallow dof shot harder then it is.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.