PDA

View Full Version : Deleted pictures and threads

Nennad
03-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Darn!

By deleting all my portfolio, i also deleted all the threads that were following, by replies of users etc... :applause: :sad: not much of posts but some were dear to me.

But something gives me hope that those could be restored:

You have 42 hidden images in your gallery

That possible means that my deletinon decision could be undone?

Thanks for help.

Kirt
03-27-2010, 01:52 PM
No, sorry. There is no <Ctrl+Z> on this forum. Please, be more careful next time.

Nennad
03-27-2010, 02:17 PM
--moved to another thread--

Nennad
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
In my portfolio summary there is a line saying:

You have 42 hidden images in your gallery.

What does it mean hidden image? If it is hidden, how one can unhide them ?
(But if they are deleted, and cannot be restored, why the system says they are hidden ?)

Thanks!

Kirt
03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
- merged threads -

(please don't do that)

Nennad
03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
O.K. Kirt but you forgot to answer my question ?

Kirt
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Probably because I don't have an answer for you. As far as I know they are just artifacts left over from when you deleted your images. I do know however (and I already answered this) that when you delete your images there is no way to get them back without resubmitting again.

Sorry, but your deletions are permanent.

leigh
03-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Well that's not entirely true ;-)

I've restored your threads. However, your portfolio gallery still appears to be offline. I suggest you unhide the hidden images in your portfolio/reactivate your gallery page.

Nennad
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
:surprised
:argh:

Thank you Leigh, a plenty! I knew that if I give decent customer care to somene else (at my work) that there will be a return, in this or in another world :) .

And about images themselves in portfolio, I cannot see where i could do action you mention. I reckon my Portfolio tab was closed once i deleted last image, in utter wrath that caught me. Next time, ill buy my medicines on time :twisted: .

Could you, for one last effort, navigate me precisely ?

(Btw i cannot describe how happy i am because i can post my replies instantly... it makes me feel eager to join threads and discussions Thanks.)

There is a saying, i dont know that there is also - Every evil is for some good.

Kirt, thank you too - for bearing with me and being honest :)

Nennad
03-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Yep, i was right Gallery tab appeared as i submitted one fresh image. And interesting is that now is the number of my (mysteriously) hidden images reduced by 1. (now it reads 41 hidden images instead 42). But that image is new, not the part of the deleted ones! More misteries :)

If i just go and resubmit all that is not a big problem, but then connection is lost from the portfolio to the gallery for that old pictures...

I still hope that Leigh have some special card for the prodigal son :twisted:

leigh
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Hmmmm, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to fix the gallery thing. My sorcery ends there. Let me get one of our special tech goblins to respond here...

khendar
03-29-2010, 11:54 PM
If the threads have been restored, I can probably restore the gallery images too. I'll see what I can do.

Nennad
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
:bounce:
You did it!
:bounce:

They all came back to me, in reverse order, and even some badly submitted images too! :applause:
"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found" (Luke 15:24). :beer:
And my good old WOW character: "May your generosity be returned to you a hundred fold."

Thanks!

p.s. now you are only a step away of implementing new portfolio feature :twisted:

Nennad
03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
"special tech goblins" LMAO !!!

And Leigh - where you got that extremely funny avatar! Without it i would lost my faith in CGTalk, when my mind was eclipsed...

leigh
03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
And Leigh - where you got that extremely funny avatar! Without it i would lost my faith in CGTalk, when my mind was eclipsed...

I found it on the internet somewhere, and it makes me laugh every time I see it. People tend to take thing I say here far too seriously, so I thought it would add a nice dash of humour to my posts.

Nennad
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I found it on the internet somewhere, and it makes me laugh every time I see it. People tend to take thing I say here far too seriously, so I thought it would add a nice dash of humour to my posts.

Yep, i thought that was the reason! Being technical support to mad artists must require steel nerves. Luckily noone is yelling in the front of your face, or call you on the phone and swear, or threaten you... (maybe :) )

apackxx
09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
If the threads have been restored, I can probably restore the gallery images too. I'll see what I can do.

Can you also restore my images please. I would be very grateful for any help I have tried with Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard and IE and Firefox.
Tack Så Mycket

leigh
09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Aaron, which images are you talking about?

apackxx
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I have attached a grab. I am selecting number thirteen "You have 13 hidden images" where number thirteen is highlighted as a link, only to be brought to my gallery of "visible" images.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.